Who here is a poor bast*rd like me and can't afford new PC stuff!!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Jw_Leonhart, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    Well i'd die to get a new video card but i'm poor. Hows everyone else lookin' on the subject?

2. computeerrgghh

computeerrgghh Master Guru

GPU:
    9800 Pro \ 64 mb 9600 mobility
    I. I can't even really afford to buy games...

3. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    Agreed. Games are like $50, if they were like $10 I could afford 'em more often!

4. hot guru

hot guru Guest

use p2p like me :D
    i use it because im like only 15 and dont have the $$$
    on the primary subject, i hav the same problem of you guys but well cant do nothing about it :( :D

5. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Me. For a little while anyway. I "should" have some cash coming in soon which will let me build a new computer. I really hope that doesn't go arse up on me.

The comp I have has been great. Lasted me a good long while, but it's just getting too long in the tooth. I'm sick of reading about people who run the newest games at high resolutions with high settings while I'm stuck at 1024x768 with medium detail. :p

6. me too. i was lucky to come into some money from my dad for my vid card upgrade. i can't afford to buy many games though which is why i p2p download most of the games i have.

7. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    I'm not really "poor"
    I just don't feel like laying down much money as I'm saving.

8. Recrofne

Recrofne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Same here nm+. I have a decent savings, but I'm really just waiting for better technology to mature and make a big upgrade later on (I wait a LONG time between big upgrades). The PC I have may not be top of the line but I'm happy how it runs everything at the moment.

9. techniques1200s

techniques1200s Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 270
    I wouldn't die for some upgrades.
    ...but i'd kill for some. eheheheh... *goes back to sharpening knife*

I'm pretty damn broke. This summer hopefully i can get a job, and then i can finally get a new CPU, mobo, some more RAM, new video card, the whole shabang. And maybe i'll get some toilet paper too! ahh the luxury...

10. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    Unless you're living on the street or the tenderloin, i didn't think you could be poor and live in SF

11. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hey, I've been living on cookies since mid Mars, I can't even afford my food. Now when the internetbill comes I'll prolly be starving. Don't think I'll upgrade in a _very_ long time.

12. techniques1200s

techniques1200s Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 270
    haha, well i was exaggerating

and i'm in high school...no job (attribute that to me being lazy), and i dont get much of an allowance or anything. I'm not poor, but my family's certainly not rich..

13. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

nm+ :O

the rules of guru3d are that we don't condone to recieving games illegally, and your letting them talk about p2p :(

tis a sad day at guru3d.com:(

14. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    we don't condone it and I encourage everyone to mock those who do.
    However, no sites are being mentioned, so there's little to be done but that.
    IB, but cookies rock!

15. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Not when it's all you got.. But hey, you can have my cookies for a new set of fans.

16. Slaymate

Slaymate Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SLI 800/2000
    Humm, I alway try to get new stuff for my computer. It's really easy to do. If your not working then use your computer skills. I do. I may be a Geek, but it pays for all my upgrades. I see alot of big post numbers so I'm thinking Geek. I get paid for fixing all my neighbors computers (be it spyware/virus related or hardware). Once people know you can work on there computer you can't beat them away. I get something new for every repair job or new computer built. I do this an still have a job 40 hours a week. In the past 6 months I've bought a X800XT, P4 3.4C and a Vapochill XE without spending any of my paycheck. I'm waiting for the Vapochill to arrive. Believe me, once you've show someone you can fix there computer it won't matter how old you are. Just charge them a fair price. $10 to $20 and hour is easy. Most have no problem handing you $20 after 10 minutes for updating there video driver to play a game.

17. i do fix other people's machines but i don't get paid for it... seems kind of stingy to me. i'd never accept money for stuff like that. like once my cousin's computer wouldn't even start up. i spent a couple hours troubleshooting and got it fixed no charge.

18. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    hiya people,
    i,m not poor but not rich either,i work as a chef which is,nt the best paying job(do it for the love of it;) )i usually upgrade my pc yearly ,i just sell my older parts while there still sellable
    and that pays about 80% of the upgrade and i don,t get top of the line stuff ,i go for the stuff thats been out for 18months or so which cuts down costs.

19. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'm also a student, but I'm still not really poor. I get around, and most available funds are put into the PC. The rig I have now is pretty decent, but it'll probably be upgraded again in some months.
    I looked through how much cash I threw away into hardware last year, and it was kinda shocking. I think I'll keep the numbers for myself :D

20. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    I'm simply saving from this: a Digital Rebel XT, Dual DVI 6800GT, 2nd 172x (I wanna be like finchwizard!)