White lines / Code 43 New PC

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Dogmeat, May 1, 2021 at 9:13 PM.

1. Dogmeat

Dogmeat New Member

GPU:
    Hi,

since there is a shortage of GPUs and hardware in general, I decided to buy i prebuilt PC from one of the most reputable store chains in our contry. They also test those computers so I thought everything will be ok.

The PC consists of:

MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
    G.SKILL 32 GB KIT DDR43600MHz CL16 Ripjaws V
    MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X 8G
    WD Blue NVMe SSD 1 TB
    Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB
    SilverStone Decathlon 80 PLUS Gold Modular 850W
    Be quiet! Pure Base 500DX Black
    Be quiet! DARK ROCK PRO 4

The problem is white horizontal lines across the screen at POST screen and in Windows. The lines don't appear in BIOS and also didn't appear when I booted Windows 10 Pro for the first time, however resolution was set to 800x600 and in BIOS resolution seems to be lower also. Here are photos how it looks:

https://imgur.com/a/JVo4KBu
    https://imgur.com/a/tlN6fnV

I think they appear only when the monitor is set to native resolution of 1920x1080 and don't when resolutions is lower. I use a DisplayPort cable which is working with this monitor and a GTX 980.

Another problem is code 43 in device manager under GeForce RTX 3070. When I tried to install the newest driver, it black screened when loading the new driver during installation and I had to turn off the PC. Since I don't want to void warranty, I didn't try to open a case and reseat the GPU, but at least the power PCIE cables look properly attached (the case has a glass window). Most likely I will RMA it but if you have any clue how to fix it without sending the computer back, I would appreciate it.

2. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Try to re-seat your card in the PCIe slot. Perhaps it got loose during shipping. Or try a different PCIe slot to see if the used slot may be faulty. I don't think that would void your warranty, but if you're afraid it will, call support and let them walk you through it. Also re-connect your PCIe cables while you're at it (and see that your PSU is connected to the GPU one cable per PCIe connector not split ones).

It might be a faulty video card or mainboard as well, of course, in which case you'll have to RMA it anyway. If you still have your old PC, you might try to swap out the video cards and see if they work in the other system.

Last edited: May 1, 2021 at 9:39 PM
  3. Dogmeat

Dogmeat New Member

GPU:
    Thank you for your response. I already contacted them and have to wait for someone from a tech department to contact me. I might open the case tomorrow and reseat the GPU, it is possible it got loose during shipping. I also might try 3070 in an older PC and GTX 980 in the new one.

4. Dogmeat

Dogmeat New Member

GPU:
    Yesterday I came to a conclusion the GPU is faulty and today I brought the PC to the nearest store. They will send me a new one within 2 days.

ern88 and Cave Waverider like this.