Which X-Fi to get?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by kazzz_2004, Sep 26, 2007.

1. kazzz_2004

kazzz_2004 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 760
  2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i was thinking the same question..i mean X-fi Xtreme gamer is on market here(@ LAST !! DOH!)..so is it worth to buy CREATIVE SB X-FI XTREME GAMER ?? thanx ;)

3. TylerTron21

TylerTron21 Guest

i HATE the gamer ones, just look at them......

id go with the music. or a azuntech xfi card. im trying to get the prelude :)

4. kazzz_2004

kazzz_2004 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 760
    lol
    the music and gamer are roughly the same price, i think he gamer does actually do all of what the music does.

5. kazzz_2004

kazzz_2004 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 760
    what, just becoz of the looks? :/
    i need stats plz

6. kazzz_2004

kazzz_2004 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 760
    by stats i really mean differences, the music looks nicer yeah, coz its gold, but im not gionna be able to see tht once its in :/

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Buy your self a X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro Edition SB0730 (around 130€) or a X-FI Prelude. I would go with Prelude if i could find one, but here in my country it isn't for sale yet.

8. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    The only difference between the gamer and the music is that the gamer is low profile. The x-audio is just a software card so doesn't support higher than eax.2.0. I personally want the prelude but it's a lotta dough. The gamer or the music is the best bang for buck gaming sound cards. (you could argue the 2zs is better value but its an older card).

9. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro Edition.

10. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Your better off with a X-Music or a X-Gamer. The Audigy 2 ZS is a decent card but doesn't support EAX 5.0 Go with a X-fi. The Prelude is a amazing piece of kit but you have to pay for tech like that. Hope this helps.

11. kazzz_2004

kazzz_2004 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 760
    lol i only wanna spend roughly 50 pounds on a sound card :/ flipping heck lol tht fatalyt things about 100 :|
    so the main difference is gamer is low profile... and the music is not??
    Thanks

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes, that is correct. Teh X-Music has been dis-continued. The X-Gamer has been developed to replace the X-Music. They are the same card. Good luck with your purchase.

13. cad cam man

cad cam man Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090
    I have an X-Fi Gamer and the only thing i have a problem with is that it gets RED HOT and i mean HOT!

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You could always add a small fan to the X-FI's heatsink.

15. kazzz_2004

kazzz_2004 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 760
    Soooo i should go with the gamer if the music is discontinued no?? :D
    p.s. does it have a mic input? and output for 5.1, the pic is a bit unclear :;/
    Thanks

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes it has a Mic_in and actually I am pretty sure it has 7.1 output.

17. chief Dave

chief Dave Master Guru

GPU:
    4 x 290x
    :knock:hell yea! Love mine and it rocks!!! Plus you can change modes, game, pro sound ect... Not sure if it makes a delta as I keep mine in game mode. Nice card!!!
    Dave

18. kazzz_2004

kazzz_2004 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 760
    thanks all :D

19. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I have an X-Fi Xtreme Music and it comes with a heatsink to take care of any heat problems unlike the one pictured in the link. All of the later revisions are like that so I don't think it's anything to worry about. As far as I can tell the Xtreme Gamer is the same thing as the Xtreme Music but it's a half size card possibly made of cheaper materials to cut costs. It's certainly cheaper looking, but I can't confirm the quality of it's materials except for the obvious fact that the Xtreme Gamer is not gold plated like the Xtreme Music. That and it lacks the connector for an X-Fi I/O box.

At this point in time with the Creative X-Fi series having problems in Vista (which purposely ****ed over directsound/3D), I'm not sure if it would be the greatest choice. Hopefully OpenAL wrappers will improve but if you're planning on using Vista I suggest a sound card that is designed for it. I'm not sure what is... perhaps the Auzentech X-Fi Prelude? But that sound card might be a bit pricey, you might want to consider upgrading something else instead.

But if you really want to choose one of those two the Xtreme Music is the better choice since the Xtreme Gamer is just a cut down version.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  20. X3d4

X3d4 Member

Since a few days the X-Fi elite pro bulk is sold. An absolute top soundcard for approx. 100€. (without external box)