which wireless router for a house of 5 with pcs and macs.

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by BBRyder, Sep 7, 2006.

1. BBRyder

BBRyder Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GT @ stock
    hey all

im excited i'm moving into a house with my best musician buds and we're gonna rock out. we have desktops and laptops and lots of music between us all, we'd like to check out each others stuff with as little hassel as possible, perhaps game a lil and some torrents.

theres are pcs and macs and was wondering if there are routers that work well with both or are they all capable of that.

i assume 802.11g will be the best choice to get around 20mbit transfers. any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

2. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M
  3. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    When will people realize that Macs will connect to anything, honestly my Mac can do way more advanced networking than my PC.

4. Jacklking

Jacklking Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800gt
    I've used most of them.......so far the best that I have found is the Dlink....mimo router DI-634m

5. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Infested recommended a good one, I recently just flashed it with the Linux Firmware.

www.dd-wrt.com

Works great, gives you a thousand more options.

6. BBRyder

BBRyder Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GT @ stock
    thanks for the advice all gonna look into those two routers, hey now i know macs will connect, i just had to ask to make sure :)