Which USB headset to get?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by HowlingPhoenix, Apr 11, 2005.

1. HowlingPhoenix

HowlingPhoenix Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 6800nu 16/6 @ 360/800 - Forceware 78.03
    I am currently looking for a good headset I can use for gaming, I would prefer USB that way I can hear only voice over the headset and still be able to utilize my 5.1 surround for the game. Also it would be nice if I could get one that has the speaker over one ear so i'll be able to hear the game well....does anyone know of a headset like this that is inexpensive? I will be primarily using it for CSS and SC:CT.. Any and all help will be much appreciated.

2. Davy2

Davy2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon x800Pro+Samsung 172X
    I dn't see the point; you'll still get interference from the speakers into the mic. Also, I don't know of many games that let you set voice chat to a different device than the rest of the game's audio, not to say they don't exist.

3. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    teamspeak? dude usb headsets suck! just turn down game sound, i hear surround sound fine. i have seinnheiser 150's, theyre $75 cheaper than the 155's because they dont have stupid usb adapter!

4. HowlingPhoenix

HowlingPhoenix Member

GPU:
    I was under the impression that voice could be set to a different device since there is a voice tab under the sound properties in windows. I would much rather just have the voice come through a separate speaker on the headset...I cant stand voice over the game though. but if it doesnt work that way i'll just keep my Xbox Live headset hooked up using xbaudio drivers. I'm just spoiled by XBL I guess, and would rather my PC games work the same way when it comes to voice chat.

5. Davy2

Davy2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon x800Pro+Samsung 172X
    Well, sorta. That will let you record from a different device, but you'll still here others' voices from the speakers.

6. HowlingPhoenix

HowlingPhoenix Member

GPU:
    Ok, I see how that works now, thanks for clearing that up for me..guess I'll just stick to what I already have.

7. blkspade

blkspade Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT 256MB
    That's not entirely accurate as they are generally more clear than recording than the usual analogue mics. While it will make the most difference for voice recognition, I see not reason not to get one. I would suggest a logitech one I bought the Logitech PC headset sometime ago but was told that Logitech PS2 headset which has the single earpeice works for the PC.