Which title to get next?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Straykatt, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Wow gents! Some real good info going on. I honestly don't know which ones to pick. I wish I could get them all! I got next week off for my bday next weekend. I'm going to best buy in a few hours. I'm leaning towards Alan wake (I love horror), sleeping dogs & xcom as they sound good. I haven't seen much about dishonored. But I think I should grab that also. Everyone seems to enjoy it. I'm surprised max Payne, rage, mass effect 3 are not heavily praised, I thought they were a big deal. I installed the diablo starter kit and played to level 12 last night. Man it brings back memory's ! I just googled dark souls. Looks great.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  2. bobdude

bobdude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    and you are incorrect

a troll he is smart he is not

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    it's XCOM lol, anyway, yeah, that's a nice selection of games, hope you enjoy the ones you get, just don't get too many at once because you'll be all over the place when it comes to which one to play.

4. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    Mass Effect 3; great story, but slack ending
    Sleeping Dogs; gameplay looks great

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I play games from 20+ years ago yet some people have no idea in what makes a good game yet its staring them in the face,as long as it looks nice and pretty there happy,just ignore them mate.:)

Max payne 3 is good,gets my vote.

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    I'm saving the OP from wasting his time.

7. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    Haven't played most but these three I can recommend. I would do Sleeping Dogs first, then Dishonored, and LA Noire after all the other suggestions. I'd avoid ME3, Diablo 3, etc.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    no you're not. he already said that he played to lvl12 and liked it. so yeah, what I said was my opinion, yours is different but it doesn't mean yours is correct. it's just yours. there's still a lot of people loving D3. he could be one of them.

9. DrD0ctor

DrD0ctor Master Guru

GPU:
    graphics unit
    I'm disappointed in the lack of Dishonored in this thread. It's one of the best games released this year, and a new IP.

10. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    I agree.

At first I thought it would be just another generic FPS, however it's definitely one of the most enjoyable titles I have played this year.

Though not quite on par with Dishonored, I would also suggest The Darkness 2 for a violent shooter. If you can find it cheap (£5-£10) it's worth getting.

Rage is also a great game!

11. wisitor

wisitor Master Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 713/1728/1000
    i played all games on your list and i hated most of them. however these 3 are worthy of trying

-Alice the madness returns - probably my favorite game in last few years i just love that little knife and all the blood it spils. the whole game is very dark and twisted with truly beautiful artwork.

-Alan Wake - not much to say about this one. its good but nothing special, worthy a try

-Dishonored - fells like every game you played combined in 1 its a bit messy but it gets better the more you play, again game with beautiful art.

12. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Yeah man. Rage is on amazon for $5!

13. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    What a loaded list! I'll comment on each game that I've played with my own personal rating :) This assumes, of course, that you havent played Borderlands 1 and 2. If you haven't, ignore this thread and this list and play that game FIRST. Both of them, if you have the time.

Dishonored: 9/10 - view my screenshots!
    Very fun game. Disappointed that it uses a mission based system. Ins't an open world, sandbox type game I hoped for. But it's extremely fun. Hours to complete are equivalent to your penis size.

Sleeping Dogs: 8/10
    Havent completed it yet. Gameplay is extremely fun. The combat just got a little too easy for me. I'll finish it when I feel the need to see how it ends. Highly recommended.

Diablo 3 - 6/10
    Although I sunk 150ish hours into it, I also didn't have anything else to play at the time. The auction house + No PVP makes it pretty disappointing. Casual style skill system is also a bit meh. The gameplay is very fun though, and you'll definitely get a ton of hours if you're just playing the various characters to 60. But we all know the game STARTS at 60. It's just the loot hunt after 60 isn't really worth it, as there's nothing to do with it. If I could get back those hours, I would :)

Alan Wake - 9.5/10 - view my screenshots!
    One of the best games I've played. Complex story (maybe too complex?), really fun gameplay, and a hauntingly dark and shadowy atmosphere. This is one of the games I'll always remember playing. Must play alone, in the dark, with your sound up :)

Dark Souls
    - ???/10
    Played this for maybe 3-4 hours before I decided that the gameplay style wasn't really for me. Just didn't click with me. Seems like a great game though. I won't give it a rating.

Alice the madness returns - 8/10
    I kept comparing this game to the original American McGee's Alice... and I think my nostalgia lowered the rating here a bit. It has some incredibly art design going on though. Extremely fun and definitely overlooked.

Rage - 7/10
    Solid shooter mechanics and good weapons makes for a fun game that is extremely forgettable. I'd definitely recommend this game, but only if you have nothing else to play. And you certainly do have other games to play :)

Max Payne 3 - 7.5/10
    Not as gripping as the previous installments. Story is kinda weak. Gameplay is pretty similar to Max Payne games before it, however. A little heavy on the cut scenes. This is the game I'd play before playing Rage :p Would play the others before this.

I'd definitely play Alan Wake, followed by Dishonored and Sleeping Dogs. All amazing and memorable games :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  14. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    And where exactly did I proclaim my opinion the correct one? I'm not sure why you're getting so defensive about this. Even I had fun with D3 for the first 40 levels, but after that it's just grind, grind, grind.

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    If you like eye candy i'd advise Max Payne3, the gameplay is tight and the gunplay is fantastic, the bullet mechanics are no. 1
    Right now i'm sitting on Borderlands 2, waiting on Hitman, gonna pass on Far Cry3.
    I do still plan to get amazing spiderman game after i see blu ray.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    ok, my bad. I get it, you don't recommend D3. Fine with me, obviously not for everyone. but he was asking what games we recommend from his list. No hard feelings, was a misunderstanding.

17. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Some great feed back with these titles! Perfect, thank you! For now I got sleeping dogs and Alan wake! I was going to get dishonored, but price was $60! Games just keep going up it seems. That will be included on the next round of games I get. I'll be getting far cry 3 on release day. I'm a long time far cry fan.

18. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I'm finally almost done with Dead Space 3, currently on Ch 16, last weekend I had the chance to play. Which game listed below would be the best one to play next?

Hitman absolution
    Crysis 3
    The new Tomb Raider
    Bioshock infinate
    Batman Origins
    Amnesia - a machine for pigs
    Outlast
    Call of Juarez Gunslinger
    Metro last light.

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    CoJ: Gunslinger

It's beyond awesome.

20. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Sounds good! Thank you. This is my backlog list on my steam account. I'll get throught them sooner or later.