Which soundblaster to pick?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Artas1984, Nov 18, 2011.

1. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Just don't screw around and get the Titanium HD.. :)

2. flimbo

flimbo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I've never used GX mode for games on my Xonar ST. I don't see the point, things just sound worse.

My vote would be for the Xonar ST or STX? Not a fan of Creative.

3. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Yea it sound like he has older games which support up to EAX4 as well as ones that support up to EAX3HD. He wouldnt be happy if he went with the Xonar if he wants those two support for which ever older games he has that he worried about those two with.

4. rired48

rired48 Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 5870
    If you can stretch your budget by quite a bit, I would certainly consider getting the Asus Xonar Essence ST sound card. ($200.) I just installed it yesterday.

Before that, I had an old Creative X-Fi 'Music' internal card for gaming with our Sennheiser PC360 headset, and a NuForce Icon uDac 2 connected to our M-Audio AV-40 (2.0) speakers for music listening.

Now I can connect everything to the Xonar. Music quality with this incredible sound card compares well with the DAC.

5. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    The X-FI Titanium HD is not the same as the normal Titanium rired48 some times people think that because of its name.

Its like a Xonar ST/X but done by creative instead. If the op really wants his EAX3-4 support from the sound of his post then Xonar ST and STX would be his worst choice.

in music he cant go wrong with either one, Unless he wants a headphone amp on the card it self and he isnt gonna get a external amp. Then the ST/X if he doesnt care about eax3-4. But since he does then the Titanium HD is his best bet, Just like the ST/X it also has opamps sockets.