Which P67 are you buying?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by RossCorp, Jan 3, 2011.

1. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    It is. Everyone has to die soon or later so if you smoke and die then at least you'll know what's killed you. :p

2. Khalam

Khalam Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 580 Lightning 1010mhz
    anyone? I got to choose if im buying ripjaws or corsair vengeance for there full price or do I get the Kingston HyperX Blue ddr3 1600mhz for ten euro from a mate. I realised that I dont have any of the mounting brackets that came with my V8, that means I wont be able to install it on the new 1155 right?:( I wont be able to buy a different cooler for a month:( is the stock cooler any good if its paired with a good case like my HAF 932?

3. fasteddy

fasteddy Guest

GPU:
    2 x Asus HD6950oc
    They sound like a bargain... so you could always try them before shelling out big on new.

The stock cooler will still get you a fair overclock, read the various Guru of 3D reviews. Coolers for the 1156 will fit the 1155 boards.

4. Khalam

Khalam Master Guru

GPU:
    ay my V8 would fit if I kept the brackets;( although I think when I got it there wasnt a 1156 socket around yet;) do you think I could use the mounting parts from the stock cooler to get the V8 in place? for the time being I will be happy with a 4-4,2 oc until I get a new cooler. Im hoping for adleast a 20fps jump with the 2500k and 560ti from the q6600 and 4870 x2 i got atm.

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    no the stock cooler uses plastic push pins so it wont work.
    I tried to mount my v8 on the giga ud7 but it would not fit because of the chipset heatsink.

6. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Well, after ALOT of debate between the UD7 and the Asus Maximus, ive just ordered a maximus iv, which should be here on monday! The UEFI bios and voltage read points were the deciding factor... I know its not essential but i really wanted to give UEFI a good test, and i really missed the voltage points on my bloodrage when it broke, so nice to have them again. Very difficult decision though!

7. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
  8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    i think you should be happy mike both 16x 2 slot boards get alot of bios attention and thats the biggest thing about a new mb.
    If you never get a new bios it does not matter what new and amasing things are on board.
    g/l at least you can still get them in the uk.

9. Khalam

Khalam Master Guru

GPU:
    that sucks:( im gone use the stock cooler and try to keep it under 70 in full load while stress testing. Im gone grab a zalman 9900 next month.

10. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Yep, think im gonna have alot of fun with it. Supply is still pretty reasonable, there are alot of UD7's around here, although there were only 2 places with the maximus - only 4 left where i got mine -at a decent price - OCUK have a few, but they are overcharging by at least £40!

Now all i need to do is start hunting for that golden 2600k ;)

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    its a tough hunt for a golden i hear since batch number does not mean anything at all.
    my first is max 54x and was just starting to push 53x and bkl,i'm die'in to find out how my L042B243 batch is
    they are going to sell alot of these chips i think lol

12. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Yeah, I heard the same thing... why do i get the feeling im gonna get through a few chips over the next month or so?

13. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    lol, it seems everyone is on the hunt for a golden chip. some people on ebay are even auctioning off chips guaranteed to hit 5ghz...

havent pushed mine that hard yet, but ive managed to hit 4.4ghz with only 1.26V so far. i'd push harder but there arent any real benefits unless i add another 560 soc for SLI.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1653075

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  14. fasteddy

fasteddy Guest

GPU:
    2 x Asus HD6950oc
    Aye, that's enthusiasts for you!

I was chatting to a guy on another forum who's bought an "ES" version guaranteed to clock at 5 gig. It's some sort of engineering sample but only defaults to 3.1Ghz or something. Sounds very fishy especially as the poor fella can't even get it to boot in his system :(

I think most of the "K"'s are golden anyway... I've never seen such an easy overclock in my life.

15. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Well, im aiming for 4.8-5ghz 24/7 overclock here... seems possible, although not all k chips will hit 5ghz at sensible 24/7 voltages from what ive seen.

16. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    to be honest, i'll admit it would be nice to hit 5ghz. but unless youre running tri SLI, theres no real reason to run a 24/7 overclock of 5ghz, as even 4.5ghz would be more than plenty for dual SLI without bottlenecking.

17. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Yes, but more mhz never hurt anyone ;)

18. Wokis

Wokis Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan
    Depends on what game. In the horribly un-optimized World of Warcraft engine with its so called "ultra shadows" which are highly CPU dependent, high clock speed is king! GPU power isn't as important.

19. Moshing

Moshing Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580 BOE@900core
    All you must play is first person shooters or you wouldn't have said that. You've obviously not played some of the more intense RTS games that can eat CPU power like a crack-whore turned loose in a crack lab.

20. Octavean

Octavean Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760