which one i should choose from gtx 660ti

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by truong2193, Sep 19, 2012.

1. truong2193

truong2193 New Member

GPU:
    gtx 570
    Hi guy i'm got little confuse about my vga card
    i want use gtx 660ti sli but can't choose between GTX 660ti amp edition zotac and 660ti PE MSI
    i find review of GTX 660ti PE MSi on guru but cant find review of zotac
    so you guy have some adiea about which one i should take depend on cooler noise and durability
    i worry about dust removal of msi card when i use sli and dust from first card will move to second card
    with zotac card i hear heatpipe made from pure copper will oxidation faster
    my pc is i7 2600k msi Z77 bigbang seasonic 750w
    p/s in my country zotac have 4 years warranty and msi just 3

2. Frohman0905

Frohman0905 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX680 2GB OC @ 1202/7000
    You couldn't find reviews? When I type "zotac gtx 660ti amp review" in google, I got a whole lot of reviews:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_660_Ti_Amp_Edition/27.html

http://www.pureoverclock.com/Review-detail/zotac-gtx-660-ti-amp-edition/

http://www.bjorn3d.com/2012/08/zotac-geforce-gtx-660-ti-amp-edition/#.UFn_AVH6l2E

If you want a direct comparison between the msi and the zotac in terms of noise, here's a link to a Dutch review:

http://nl.hardware.info/reviews/308...en-zotac-temperatuur-geluid-en-stroomverbruik

According to their review, the Zotac card makes the most noise compared to the others. They even said the noise was unpleasant.

3. truong2193

truong2193 New Member

GPU:
    gtx 570
  4. Lie495s14

Lie495s14 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 / Dell.2209wa
    I've read that zotac 660ti doesn't perform well with boost due to reference design, and MSI PE on the other hand stands out from all other 660ti. Google 660 ti shoot out you'll see.

5. truong2193

truong2193 New Member

GPU:
    gtx 570
    sr i can't find this just find hardwarezone have 660ti shootout with asus , palit and giga 660ti

6. Frohman0905

Frohman0905 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX680 2GB OC @ 1202/7000
    Well, for most people it doesn't matter how much noise a card makes when you use a headphone or just turn up the volume while you're gaming. I have a custom 1:1 fan profile with my 680 so when the temps hit 65°C for example, my fan runs at 65% speed. It is audible but not annoying loud like my 8800gtx (also reference) used to be. Besides, when I'm gaming I don't hear it at all because I'm too focused on the gameplay and the sound the game itself makes.

If you are sensitive to noise, it does matter. From the reviews I've linked, 2 of them say the Zotac makes a lot of noise. Being the Dutch site and techpowerup. Here's a quote from their review:

The other 2 say it's pretty quiet. I have no experience with Zotac but if I have to believe those 2 websites and noise doesn't bother you while gaming, I would look at the warranty. In your country, Zotac has the longer warranty. Maybe you can look for Zotac rma experiences on the web. I always do that before I buy a new card.

7. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    depends on what you're after.

zotac 660ti is the only one with a memory overclock out of the box. but its still using reference power phase setup of 4+1, so overclockability can be a bit limited, plus the cooler is ******

galaxy is the only brand that uses a 6+8pin setup which gives you more overclocking headroom in terms of power available, assuming you dont hit the temp ceiling and assuming you have a decent chip. galaxy cards also use a 5+2 power phase setup.

msi twin frozr uses the same 5+2 setup as the galaxy cards, but only uses 6+6 pin. cooling performance with the galaxy and msi are more or less on par.

gigabyte and asus top have the higher boost clocks, but asus cards had issues stabilising at the peak frequency. both these two cards had good temps and used non reference power phase setups.

inno3d has the 660ti with the best cooler since it uses their ichill 3000 triple fan setup, but it is a big card (295mm long). this is probably the card to buy if you want extremely good cooling, and the improved overclocking that may come with it.

8. truong2193

truong2193 New Member

GPU:
    gtx 570
    thanks you very much guy i think i'll choose msi card

9. Bukkake

Bukkake Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 8GB
    i would get whichever one alows you to overclock the core and the memory i know msi allows it for sure using there overclock app not sure about the others.