Which of these routers is better: Netgear WGR614 or Moto WR850G?

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by Saeid, May 6, 2007.

1. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Connect3D X800 PCI-Express 256MB
    Hey there,
    I am trying to find a decent yet cheap wireless router, so that when i get a Wii i could connect it to the internet.

I have found these two routers, and was wondering which is better, since you guys have great knowledge on routers.

I have dealt with Netgears customer service before, and quite frankly it was not so great. I also have read in a lot of places that Netgear and D-Link wireless routers keep dropping the signal. And as for the Moto, unfortunately it is a "discontinued" model. But both are sub $30 CAD after shipping.

Netgear WGR614 http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/GWirelessRouters/WGR614.aspx
    Moto WR850G

2. glenboy

glenboy Maha Guru

GPU:
    2 x 5850's for now
    hi there
    i would go with the netgear one as the software is good and straightfoeward to set up , i had a belkin router and spent hours messing about with it got a netgear one has it setuop in 5 minutes

3. Googie

Googie Master Guru

GPU:
    [1] XFX 6870 HD @955/1100
    LOL, glenboy the exact opposite for me.I had to call Netgear support ,talked to a rep for an 1 hour couldnt understand the guy,[Heavy Indian accent] He finally hung up and I fixed it my self

4. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    I have a netgear, and based on my experience with it, i'll be using them for years to come. Very pleased over all.
    Never had any problems at all.

5. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Connect3D X800 PCI-Express 256MB
    How about the Netgear WGR614 vs Linksys WRT54GC?

6. babylon52281

babylon52281 Master Guru

GPU:
    Winfast 6600GT / Intel GM
    Well the wrt's are a different beast but in my place they cost 50% more than the 614s. as for ur original Q, i have 2 wgr614. i would recomend them to novices such as urself. be sure that whichever u buy can connect the Wii, though

7. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    I had a lot of problems with Linksys routers in the past, and none whatsoever since I switched to Netgear.

8. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M