1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which nVIDIA Drivers Are For Your Video Card?

Discussion in 'Links' started by MastA, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Dr@Home

Dr@Home Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 570
    53.03 best overall for me...been the best since i put them on :)

2. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

I have a Gf 6800 Ultra, so which is currently the best driver for that? 61.40?

3. MastA

MastA Guru3d's P.I.M.P.

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC AGP
    best one will be the new officials which are out soon

4. Old Chieftain

Old Chieftain Active Member

GPU:
    eVga 6800 Ultra
    wondering

I changed from the 61.40 to the 61.32 drivers and improved my score in aquamark from 68360 to 69767 and I don't get the out of scan range issues that popped up when starting UT2k4 that I did with the 61.40 ( I have since found out that wasn't the driver it was having doublescan checked in the options)... 61.11 and .12 borked my notepad.exe but they ran fine otherwise. I haven't benched them yet though.
    I haven't tweaked or overclocked anything yet as I just put this rig together and want to wait till I water cool before trying that although fiddling witht the 6800u I have found very little room to tweak as it already runs at 400Mhz/1.1Ghz and I was unable to go beyond 456/1.13 I will hopefully squeeze 4.1 out of the cpu and Iwill set the memory to it's fastest ( which I need to determine ( 2/2/2/5/4 I think). but mainly what I want to know is there really a difference in drivers as far as O/C'ing goes?

5. makeme

makeme Guest

Ahhh so a 5600 is slow and ancient??

:'(

What drivers would be best suited for that?

6. savage-xp

savage-xp Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati X1600pro
  7. riksox

riksox New Member

GPU:
    XFX FX5600XT 256MB
    I did some benchmarking with 3mark 2003, and it turns out I get the best score with the 56.72 drivers. Also tried the starstorms and some of the recommended older drivers, as well as all the new betas (61.xx and 60.xx).

56.72 seems to be the best on my system

8. MastA

MastA Guru3d's P.I.M.P.

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC AGP
    cool riksox, am very glad that this topic is helping every1 ;). i've never heard of the overdrive drivers...but i'll try them ill see if they are worthy if they are i'll post in the sticky thanks savage-xp =).
    Old Chieftain, there are differences between drivers when it comes to O/C. Make me, i've post a couple of drivers in the sticky check'em out and benchmark with them in games and see which ones are better for you... and yes...sadly.. a 5600u is slow and about to be ancient since nvidia took them off the line to be replaced with the 5700u.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2004
  9. war59312

war59312 Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce GTX 470
    44.03 for geforce4ti 4200

10. Old Chieftain

Old Chieftain Active Member

GPU:
    eVga 6800 Ultra
    driver differences

so far I have tried
    61.40 aquamark of 68316
    61.32 aquamark of 68910
    61.45 aquamark of 68696

although the 61.32 gave me good marks in aquamark the 61.45 outperformed the others in 3dmark03 it was much smoother and wings of fury hit an fps average of 352 ( the scene of the close up of the carbon marked wing was over 1650 for a couple of seconds) ....the only place the 61.45 slowed up compared to the 61.32 in aquamark was in large scene vegatation. it actually edged the 61.32 in most of the others but scored overall some 214 points lower but both the .32 and .45 are better in both score and look to the .40's

I was wondering what is being tested in the Large Scene Vegatation portion of the aquamark test and there are anyrecomendations for tweaks that affect that particular issue?

now these are done without any tweaking or overclocking once I get water cooled at the end of the month I will try it again (mostly for gloating purposes....)
    THank you for your time in considering this matter,
    OC

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC
    I'm switched to 61.71 and they're awesome! Very nice performance increase in Far Cry, and everything else is running smooth.

12. Ansem

Ansem Guest

dl the .71's today

test em later

just gotta get aquamark of the pc at school....

stupid school

having a 2.2mb connection and pc's with burners.....

stupid mix,

lol

13. sk|s

sk|s Guest

i'm still using thw WHQL 57.xx. i run better with these than starstorm and/or the newest beta 61.xx.
    cant benchmark none of the 6x.xx serie though...

14. flyswatter

flyswatter Guest

so far the 61.71 seem to b stable, have found any bugs with any of my games, they seem better then 61.45

15. Ayune

Ayune Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 6800GT 256mb (AGP)
    61.71 seems works great for me. Still cannot beat my 3dm2003 score with SS56.72X (loose 300pts) but who cares abt benchmarking score while all games that I played runs smoothly with high quality image: UTK2K4, FarCry, Ravenshield, PainKiller. I think FW61.71 is the best NV driver for now.

But I do hope that there are no newest NV driver coming again at least for a week :D

Last edited: Jun 27, 2004

16. DngrsPngn

DngrsPngn Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus V9980 GeforceFX 5950 ultra- 256mb
    Please Let me tell u the story of Satan's Drivers. I went from 52.16, which worked nicely, to 56.56, then 56.72. the 56+57 r driving (pun:p) me INSANE. Every time I get to crucial part of a game or even just when I'm having fun I get a "Paged error in a non -paged area" then it goes on about nv4_disp.dll screwing up. Plz HELP, I thought that sticking to the 5x.xx series would b safe n fast nsted im going slowly mad....

17. ßøN€§

ßøN€§ New Member

GPU:
    GeForce FX Go5200
    I have a GEForce 2 Ti videocard, and the best drivers I've used are the 53.06 X, they worked great.

When I used 56.72, AA didn't work at all, neither 60.XX drivers, and when tried 61.XX AA doesn't work fine, when playing FIFA 2004, the menu is separated ,a nd it seems like the screen should be something like 1200x400 to show it all, but ingame didn't work so bad, but it was certainly slow.

18. riksox

riksox New Member

GPU:
    XFX FX5600XT 256MB
    Hi,

Tried the 61.36 WHQL and they gave a significant improvement in 3dmark 2003!

Seem to be good drivers for an fx5600.

19. Shex

Shex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
    61.71 for me :)

20. Trinity 400

Trinity 400 Guest

Forceware drivers

I just downloaded the new Forceware BETA 61.71 drivers with NView.........and it works great on my old MX400 vcard........Nview has been enabled and it actually has improved the picture colour quality when I'm surfing...........I only use my computer for web and email...............not gaming....anyway..........great drivers!!!!!:p

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2004