Which nVIDIA Drivers Are For Your Video Card?

Discussion in 'Links' started by MastA, Jun 17, 2004.

1. JoseyWales

JoseyWales Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 670 2GIG
    high def. i always use the newest realease. go check em out, i think youll be happy. ive used each as they come out and have been please with the results. you can try all and see wich you like best. but ive gotten a steady incease in performance and quallity. they do a great job modding the drivers and ill use nothing else. i had always used nvidias releases. but once i found them ill use them over nvidias stock releases every time. if you have questions join ther forum and there youll find what you need.

2. minnah-bopeludo

minnah-bopeludo Member Guru

GPU:
    xfx 6600gt agp
    i use 76.44 and works fine, not because they are the lastest (by now) but because they have no bugs for me. 76.41 were good too. lets see if incoming drivers are better. :)

3. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    XG's 76.41's here. Work better than the official forcewares. More performance. I recommend this driver.

4. ultra5711

ultra5711 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan on Agua
    Me's a uses them 2.

5. Marsh

Marsh Member

GPU:
    Asus V9999GT/TD 256 meg(6800GT)
    the force ware drivers 76:44 work great ive got to say ive used the older xg drivers and they worked great, but the latest 76:44HD drivers dont work as well on mine than the forceware version i get 2k less on 3dmark03 and 1.5k less on aquamark03 and 5fps less on the counterstrike stress test. its a shame that really i had high hopes for them because of the older xg drivers worked great.

6. Anlander

Anlander Guest

Ok, I've tried the new beta driver from Creative and, by golly: the 5.1 sound in Doom3 worked! I'm extremely happy! Now I'm waiting for the 7.1 patch to enjoy a truly sexual surround sound experience! The only things I find irritating right now are:

The game which actually came with the graphics card (6800 Ultra) Shellchock Nam'67 is just a mess of puke on the screen once I start playing. I know the game is crap but the fact that the graphics are all messed up makes you wonder if there's anything wrong with the driver or the card itself.

Also, the intro sequence to Battlefield 1942 and other games actually runs unsmoothly for about seven seconds every 20 seconds. Some games even worse. This shouldn't be!

I know I'm a perfectionist, but when you've cashed out the big bucks for the 6800 Ultra, you want the friggin' thing to work 100 %...right?

Peace!//magnus

7. Geecko

Geecko Guest

I've try everything, from 61.xx to 72.xx , the very best is the official 71.89 Whql on nVidia website :)

8. Marsh

Marsh Member

GPU:
    Asus V9999GT/TD 256 meg(6800GT)
    wow ur chicken is perverted! lol

9. xK Ares

xK Ares Guest

71.89 for me :D

10. charliemor45

charliemor45 Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 512MB DDR3 Geforce 7900GTX
    Quality or Performance

I currently have the new 71.98 drivers and chose High Performance:)

I do use AF 8X and it has not affected the graphics performance at all.

With my game it enhances the swing speed of the golfer animation, and improves draw speed:)

All in all, I think I have the right blend;)

11. minnah-bopeludo

GPU:
    xfx 6600gt agp
    what games do u play with a fx5200?

12. charliemor45

charliemor45 Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 512MB DDR3 Geforce 7900GTX
    What Games

Mainly Links 2003.

Golf Sim by MS.

It's my main enjoyment.:D

13. minnah-bopeludo

GPU:
    xfx 6600gt agp
    oh, i dont know that game

14. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    What a koinkydink! That's the ONLY driver my 6600GT isn't getting freezes and BSOD's with. Also I find the performance of this driver n'sane =)~

15. PointBlank716

PointBlank716 New Member

GPU:
    6600 GT
    thx man thats just the info i need , having freezing probs also, ill try those out, thx again

16. Am@DEUS

Am@DEUS New Member

GPU:
    Inno3D Geforce 6200A 128Mb
    Can anyone recomand the best driver for Geforce 6200A ?

I curently use Forceware 76.45.

17. shadowalk

shadowalk Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X
    I think I can safely say that the best drivers for FX cards would be the forceware 65.73. A friend of mine uses a FX5200 card and he says the 65.73 dramatically increased performance on all of his games. Better than the past ones I've tried like 61.77, 66.81 and 66.93.

It's not really noticable on average games but on high-demand games like Doom 3 and the expansion pack, ROE, you can really see the increase in fps. 65.73 rocks!

18. ShadowBottle

ShadowBottle New Member

GPU:
    Asus 6800GT 128Mb
    I think I may have to post this issue elsewhere.. but for some reason.. with my 6800GT 128mb from Asus.. any drivers over 71.x lock my machine up during gameplay and occasionally during dvd playback.

19. Quad X

Quad X Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce GTX 960
    what's ur definition of "scream" in this case? You sayin these drivers are the l337? the ownage? the best ever? And maybe you could tell me some specifics please? like is the FPS like 10 more than some other driver or something?
    I just want to know and see if these are the right ones for me. Seeing as people mentioned 76.44 quite often im probably going to try them out. Oh, but also, im kinda worried about if they are so good compared to official nvidia drivers i.e. 77.30 which is my current driver.

20. Quad X

Quad X Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce GTX 960
    uh bump?