Which motherboard is the fastest right now?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by cbot, Feb 26, 2006.

1. cbot

cbot Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9700 pro
    Which motherboard is the fastest right now for the ultimate pc gaming experience?Also which HDD drive should I get for some good pc gaming?

2. otaku

otaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    mine is pretty fast but the latest dfi is also although im having a bitch of a time trying to rma a product of theirs

mine is the a8n32 sli deluxe

3. hartofalyon

hartofalyon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 9800 GT 512mb
    when you ask which is the fastest, do you mean which is the best overclocker? because all motherboards with the same chipset display roughly the same performance, regardless of brand. if you mean best overclocker, then i'd vote for DFI boards.

with hard drives, i believe the best out there is the 150gb wd raptor. however, if you need storage space, you can either raid0 two raptors, or get a large capacity 7200rpm hard drive with 16mb cache. you will notice faster loading times with the 10,000rpm raptor, but in game performance will be the same going from 7200rpm to 10,000rpm.

4. idahop

idahop New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 7800GTX Extreme
    Otaku which OS are you running i have pretty close to the same rig and i'm running 64-bit XP and i have some flaky issues. The issues i'm havin are as follows: i boot up and then after everything loads up my screen redraws and where the start button would be it is gone along with the whole side of the screen the width of the start button up then i make my software redraw the screen and its ok.

Any help would be really appretiated.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006

5. otaku

otaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    im just running regular windows atm budy so i cant help much but it doesnt sound like a huge problem if you make a new thread on it i bet some one will know right away

6. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    the difference between the diferent motherboards is really small, so i dont think one is really the best for gaming.
    as far as hard drives go, the raptor is easily the best. if you can afford it, i think the hitachi t7k250 series is the next best.

7. vexed_uk

vexed_uk Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7800GT 510/1200
    if your after amd, then pretty much anything with a nforce4 chipset will be fine. regarding DFI motherboards, there perfectly good if your experianced. it took me 4 weeks to get my pc running stable with my board. i reccommend abit, otherwise if you like the challenge DFI is deffinatly worth it, and amasing overclockers. 1000mhz overclock i managed.

8. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    Dfi looks like a decent mobo go for it :)
    WD raptors are fast gor for it also :dave:

9. Crystallas

Crystallas Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280
    Asus A8N 32 SLI is the fastest now. Nothing to earn it bragging rights, as said before, you can only go so far with the same chipsets.

10. Donn1nger_69

Donn1nger_69 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon x1900xt

11. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    that has more to do with the fact that they used an x1900xt on the a8r-mvp and a 7800gtx ont he a8n sli than with the mobos themselves. due to the onboard memory controller, all a64 chipsets and mobos perform about the same.
    but if anybody wants to go crossfire, the a8r-mvp is the way to go, it looks like a great board.

12. Eric1987

Eric1987 Banned

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    DFI lanparty best

13. Crystallas

Crystallas Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280
  14. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    where do you find that board at $250? it goes about €170-€180 in germany.

15. Dmio

Dmio Member

GPU:
    BFG 7900GTX OC'd in SLI
    well this is a thread ment to be answered, but i am going to ask a question (thats all i seem to do here LOL :/

I found this board....ASUS A8N-SLI Premium S/L/SLI HT (SKT-939)
    is this what u guys talking about AsuS32 SLI board...or is it a totaly different board

16. Pat the Cat

Pat the Cat Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 6800 Ultra 425/1120
    That's almost certainly the older A8N - if it had X32 for SLI it should include it in the model number.

17. Dmio

Dmio Member

GPU:
    BFG 7900GTX OC'd in SLI
    any directions to an web site where i cna purchase these or view them in the UK?

18. Pat the Cat

Pat the Cat Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 6800 Ultra 425/1120
  19. sixty4bitdiablo

sixty4bitdiablo Master Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    on that hard drive issue i would skip the WD raptors and just raid some sata2 drives, ALMOST as good performance for way less money and alot more storage too...

20. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    The DFI Lanparty nf4 series is excellent atm but apparently the Asus A8N32-SLI is even better.