Which motherboard for my new system?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by VAs0ulja, Jul 28, 2005.

1. VAs0ulja

VAs0ulja Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800 OC 128mb @ 370/745 (16x1,6
    I'm building a new system to put in my room, as the current AMD64 PC to my right is not in my room.

So i've decided to go with the S939 of course, and as for the processor, i'm getting a 3200+ Venice, because i heard they were great overclockers and i can probably push a 2.0ghz to atleast a 2.4, which will give me the performance i am looking for, maybe even further to 2.5-2.6.

Anyway, i can't decide on which motherboard to get here are my options.

Abit AN8 SLi
    Asus A8N SLi
    DFI Lanparty Ultra-D
    MSI K8N Neo4 SLi

I'm leaning more towards the Asus A8N SLi, but the Abit is right behind it, i heard that certain DFI SLi boards were glitchy and such, even though my current mobo is a DFI and is awesome. As far as the MSI, i'm not sure, never really delt with them but its not a neo platinum so i'm kind of skeptical.

2. VAs0ulja

VAs0ulja Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800 OC 128mb @ 370/745 (16x1,6
    Anyone?

3. Zoomy942

Zoomy942 Member Guru

GPU:
    6800 GT
    i would go Abit, i did, but only for the cool heatpipe coling and the onboard ALC880 audio.

4. Daku

Daku Guest

A8N-SLI Deluxe

PACKAGING
    Common to their AI line of boards, ASUS centered the box art design for the A8N-SLI around the AI logo itself, with the board features prominently displayed in the lower right corner of the box front. In the box itself, ASUS included a great deal of cables and such in order to support the plethora of integrated components: ATA 133 and floppy ribbon cables, SATA 150 cables, dual ended SATA power cables, the rear shield, SLI connector and support bracket, the normal complement of driver CDs and manuals, and rear brackets for adding external SATA devices, a game port, a com port, 4 USB ports, 1 IEEE 1394 port, and a Gigabit Ethernet port.

AiBooster

ASUS chose to integrate their AI powered dynamic overclocking feature that can be tuned through the BIOS or via their Windows overclocking software dubbed AiBooster. The AiBooster software supports a variety of functions including real time display of system voltages, fan speeds, temperatures, CPU FSB and speed, and multiple overclocking methods to choose from. The NOS button allows you to activate the dynamic overclocking technology, which will manipulate system voltages and FSB speeds in order to push the system to the desired overclocking level when needed. The Performance Mode option allows you to pick a static overclocking level based on either percentages or a combination of memory and CPU FSBs. The Tuning menu allows for full manual control of CPU FSB and voltage.

and thats some of the reasons for more information check out

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NzAz

5. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    Abit = Fast & stable. Thats whats important.....

I don't know what extras may come with it or if it has a window overclock program but comp usa's right down the street and I oc from the bios, lol.. ;)

6. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    If you want the most stable SLI board on planet then get ASUS A8N SLI dlx or ideally A8N SLI premium.
    If you want the best Overclocking board on planet then get DFI NF4 Ultra-D or NF4 SLI-DR as per your requirements.
    I cant comment on Abit as I have never used or seen to omany feedbacks about it.

7. Brettbeck

Brettbeck Maha Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek PX7800GTX
    I know that Abit are good, and Gigabyte. From what i've been told the DFI boards are good too.

8. mrkun

mrkun Member

GPU:
    Geforce 7900 GT
  9. cornbreadbreath

cornbreadbreath Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTX @ 615/1080
    Odd, I'm at 275x9 and have no problems at all. I'm considering taking it farther, soon. A friend of mine claims to have gotten well above 300 on his. Maybe they got a bad board or have the old BIOS?

10. UberN00ber

UberN00ber Member

GPU:
    XFX 6800GT AGP @ 400/1100
    I've always bought Asus MB's. IMO, if you want quality and decent overclocking, go for Asus.

If you're a diehard overclocker and thats all you do...test systems...go for DFI