Which monitor will you choose?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by deusex, Mar 20, 2011.

1. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 Ti FE
    I need a new bigger monitor but I'm undecided with which should I go.
    [​IMG][/URL] [​IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

The new 27" samsung has lower resolution but it's LED and can convert 2D images to 3D if needed, uses display port, and has faster response time. costs only $800

30" Dell has higher resolution and is bigger and in my opinion looks better.

Any thoughts about it? I been thinking for about 2 weeks and still can't decide.

2. Leafblower

Leafblower Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 SLI
    You should go with the Dell.

3. bobdude

bobdude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    anything over 26" starts making games look crap at high res

4. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X (Pascal) + X34
    32" 1080p HDTV will take care of that "problem" ;)

5. dirthurts

dirthurts Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    There are some nice 2ms asus displays out there right now that are LED on the cheap. No 3d though.

6. superweapons

superweapons Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 260 Core 216
    You're looking at totally different monitors. The Samsung is a thin, stereoscopic 3D monitor with a WLED backlight: good for gaming, movies, and boasting to your friends about owning such a sleek monitor. The Dell on the other hand, is a classic, CCFL-lit monitor with a professional-grade H-IPS panel for mind-blowing colors and viewing angles. Unlike the TN panel featured in the Samsung, you'll be experiencing true 8-bpc color, not dithered 6-bpc color as is the case with the former model. Gradients will be smoother and the out-of-the-box color calibration is usually leagues ahead of TN offerings (on top of the full color range). That said, it's still up to your needs: whether it's the Samsung's extra features or the Dell's beyond HD resolution and accurate colors.

The Dell has DisplayPort too, as well as a plethora of other inputs worthy of the UltraSharp name.

7. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    U sure? My 27" LG and my 32" Samsung say some other story..

8. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    id choose the samsung.
    btw where did you find that samsung? link please. id like to see specs ect...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  9. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080ti
    Id go with the DELL ultrasharp. Im very happy with my entry level IPS u2311h so Im positive that DELL with a higher end IPS panel will be even better

I dont care much for the looks as most of the time you wont "see" the bezel design as you will be staring at the image outputted by the monitor..

Other things to note on the dell are the ability to rotate, adjust the height and swivel it to your liking

10. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    the samsung 750s looks superb and it be good for 3d surround. the one the OP posted is the 950. from what i could find they share the same specs. not sure on that.

both the 750 and 950 also are tv's they both use dual tv tunners with PIP, they both come with shutterglasses both 120hz, the 950 says it has different color array"whatever that means" and the obvious bezzel design change.

750 on left 950 on right
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011

11. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
  12. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I agree, next month I will purchase the new Panasonic Vierra 32" ips led tv... :)

13. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 Ti FE
    Nice find, I think this will be my next purchase. It's LED with high resolution on a big screen, perfect.

14. bobdude

bobdude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    run dual monitors a 24" and your 32" and you will get the "story"

15. ESlik

ESlik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I have the Dell 3008 and my wife has the 22 inch Ultra Sharp. We play the same games and right beside each other. I can tell you with all honesty that there is no difference in IQ or any thing else for that matter. Of course, the 30 inch requires higher end video cards to run at 2560 x 1600 but other than that,my image quality etc. is every bit as nice as my wife's 22 incher. She has two GTX 480s in her rig and I have two 580s. Dell not only build great monitors,they have the best warranty. One pixel screwed? Dell will replace the monitor and in some cases may upgrade. They did it for me more than once. Get the Dell.