Which monitor to go with vega64

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by MoD, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Kaerar

Kaerar Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    Yeah it does. Mostly from Nvidia GTX1070 and GTX1080 users :D

Tribal nonsense aside I think either brand preference is fine. Just buy the version you want. Though if you do get Vega be prepared to tweak it to get the best performance out of it. If that's not your thing then Nvidia is probably the better buy.

2. Astrix_au

Astrix_au Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX VEGA 64 Wave
  3. Astrix_au

Astrix_au Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX VEGA 64 Wave
  4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Why would you spend 7/800 USD on that?

Still don't understand why anyone in the world would buy that overpiced power hog.
    Vega56 is a much better option.

Considering you can get a Ti for low 600s on sale, which destroys vega 64 in every way doesn't make sense.
    Vega56 + EK block is still going to be much cheaper and have the same performance with less power usage.

You can't come up with any logical reasoning of buying vega64.

yasamoka likes this.

5. Astrix_au

Astrix_au Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX VEGA 64 Wave
    In Australia 1080ti is more than even a Vega 64 LCE, plus there is the cost of a new monitor plus GSync lol. I really like AMD GPU's there is plenty of raw power that will be unleashed in future games. You can under vault and it will use less power, it isn't that bad. There is no explaining to some people the exact argument your using is what Nvidia top tier GPU's have been doing paying more for the "ti" version. I want Samsung HBM among other things. I like what AMD and Radeon is doing in all areas, sure the 1080ti has a few more FPS but I already get enough and you can't say that you'd notice the difference anyway. I find it funny that FPS is all that people care about, the performance is there from both sides and there are other factors that play a part more in the decision making process. Why should I have to pay $200+ for variable refresh rate technology no thanks.

BTW I already bought it :D Loving finally being able to play DCS 2.1 in fullscreen in 1440p smoothly wow.

[​IMG]

6. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    The MG279Q doesn't overclock from 90Hz to 144Hz without also lifting the minimum from 35Hz to generally at least 55-57Hz. That is on the edge of 2.5x and I'm not sure if everyone is having no issues hitting that range.

The XF270HU is 40-144Hz.

Both monitors have been eclipsed by the excellent Nixeus EDG 27 that is cheaper than both and comes with a 30 - 144Hz FreeSync range along with variable overdrive and a bezel that does not exert pressure on the panel assembly (and thus has reduced panel issues).

7. Astrix_au

Astrix_au Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX VEGA 64 Wave
  8. Astrix_au

Astrix_au Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX VEGA 64 Wave
  9. Astrix_au

Astrix_au Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX VEGA 64 Wave