Which mobo for new build?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by ntesla, Sep 28, 2008.

1. ntesla

ntesla Member

GPU:
    HIS 2900gt @ 816/1116
    I wasn't planning on upgrading soon, but I came across some bargains in a sale and got myself some parts to kickstart a new dual core build

You can see my main rig on the left.

Well, I got myself a C2D e4600 along with some OCZ Reaper HPC 4gb (2x2GB).
    I'm planning to put this into a case I bought a while ago, a Silverstone TJ08.
    I'm also looking to transfer most of my parts from the rig (on left).

I'm currently looking at finding a very stable and clockable mobo for this setup. I've mainly been looking for Micro-atx mobos so I can use it in the TJ08, but if they are not worth it then I'd probably go for an ATX mobo.

Here are some of the mobos I've been looking at and would appreciate comments or suggestions, especially with the hsf I'm looking at (Xigmatek DT-S1283):

DFI LANPARTY JR P45-T2RS - expensive and concerns with the PCIE 2.0 running at 8x.
    Asus P5Q-VM
    Asus P5Q-EM
    Asus P5E-VM SE
    Asus P5E-V HDMI
    Asus P5E-VM HDMI

Many thanks!

2. surrealX

surrealX Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  3. ntesla

ntesla Member

GPU:
    HIS 2900gt @ 816/1116

NOt yet, but it looks good. Thanks for the info. I'll check out the specs and reviews for that board.

4. Karl 2

Karl 2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    The P5Q-VM doesn't cost much less than the P5E (no hyphen), if you don't need the onboard video -and I don't see why you would use it- and have the budget for it may as well go for the X38 P5E, no video issues there even in XFire. P5E costs between $230 and $270.

On the other hand, if you're not into extreme OC'ing and don't use XFire the much more affordable P5Q Pro, as suggested, is a great value at half the price of a P5E.