Which MB and Memory?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by blitz72, Jan 14, 2018.

1. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC 1070 ACX3 Blk Ed
    Howdy all. As you may or may not now. I am now the proud owner of a Ryzen 1800X thanks to HH and AMD. Anyhow, what are some decent MBs out there and memory? I've been doing alot of reading and looking. Figured I'd pop in here and see what you all recommend? Also looking a AIO for it. Not really looking to push it too much. Got some ideas but just curious as to what you all might be running and how the updates and such are coming with the memory configs and such. Thanks for any advise/input. Budget around $500-$600usd.

---Doug

2. DW75

DW75 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080
    One of the best motherboards for the money is the Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming. This is easily a better option than the MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, which is around the same cost. The Asus board has a much better BIOS as well.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...132989&cm_re=asus_x370-_-13-132-989-_-Product

Ryzen loves fast RAM. You should look into getting the Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3466. It is guaranteed to be Samsung B-Die.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...m_re=corsair_ddr4_3466-_-20-236-190-_-Product

3. sunn

sunn Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 TI
    Im guess your'll get quite a few differing suggestions for mobos.

I'd vote for Gigabytes' AX370 Gaming K7 (or maybe the Gaming 5, NOT the K5) (nice job Gigabyte with the naming scheme) started with the Asus X370 Pro Prime, found the Gigabyte is far nicer, behaves way more consistently.

Some negatives as always, the BIOS isnt that nice to use, and not as many options as the Asus (not that i used those extra settings anyway, and the Asus BIOS far nicer to use too)
    Seen a few problems with the on-board audio, i use a Xonar, so cant comment.
    Layout, USB 3 header is in annoying position i find.
    RGB (unless you like RGB)

Some pluses, the Gigabyte board seem to be pretty good with RAM compared to some.
    Dual BIOS, with all the updates, nice to have a backup.

Then as above, Samsung B-Die RAM, look for 3200+ CL14, good inaction its B-die. I've got G.Skill Trident-Z (F4-3200C14D-16GTZ) @ 3333 CL14, but its part of the silicon lottery.

Arshad Hussain likes this.
  4. Lukart

Lukart Member

GPU:
    Waiting for the next Gen
    I would say the X370 Taichi is the best thing you can get right now for a top of the line Ryzen, but might be a bit more expensive..