1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Gaming Laptop Would Be Best?? Help!

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by aly975, Nov 7, 2018.

1. aly975

aly975 New Member

GPU:
    nvidia gt 740m
    Im looking into purchasing a gaming laptop, i would only be playing the sims 4 on it and probably using photoshop for editing as well. I have all dlc packs and plan on getting any future pack they release for years to come. I also have about 10+ GB mods/cc (im slightly addicted, can you really blame me?) I would also like to be able to play on ultra settings without any lagging,freezing,crashing,etc.

My current laptop can run it fine but over the years it has become a bit slower, graphics arent as sharp and it overheats like crazy when i try to play..like to the point of it shutting down! So i would like a laptop i can use specifically for the game to keep everything neat and seperate from my laptop i am currently using for everyday tasks such as browsing, netflix, youtube, etc.

I have been eyeing the hp omen x 17 https://store.hp.com/CanadaStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=2LV57UA&opt=ABA&sel=NTB

Everthing looks great to me but i have heard mixed reviews on its cooling ability.. some are saying the cpu temps get crazy hot like 90+ degrees which worries me...i need a laptop that will not heat up like that but who knows? those people who say it reached high temps were probably playing high demand AAA games...not sure if sims would create as much heat.

Based on those specs on that laptop would it be able to run the sims 4 how i would like it to?

I have heard the sims is more cpu based rather than gpu based and i should be looking for the best cpu and not try to go for the best,most recent gpu out there as it wouldnt make much of a difference, is there any truth to that?

Does anyone recommend any other gaming laptop instead of the one i mentioned? Id like to note im open to looking at other brands aside from alienware..just havent heard great things about dell as a company so id like to steer clear from them.

Does anone else currently use a gaming laptop and is running the sims 4 perfectly without any over heating issues?? please let me know! Thanks in advance :)

2. zipper

zipper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    MSI GT series has pretty good cooling, I own GT70 and GT73VR.

3. aly975

aly975 New Member

GPU:
    nvidia gt 740m
    thanks! ill look into those, and you have no issues with over heating or throttling under heavy loads?

4. zipper

zipper Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    Not in normal use - but if you want to squeeze the max performance out, then you need to tinker with repasting, fan curves, voltage tweaking and throttlestop/Intel XTU. I don't bother as long as my games do around 100 fps or more @ 1080p (GTX 1080).