Which Game should I play first?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Loobyluggs, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    So - the kind people @ Sony delivered to me God Of War and Horizon Zero Dawn (Complete Edition).

Both are fully installed and updated, yet due to the simularity I am not sure which one I should play through first.

It's difficult, because I respect both games enourmously, and I therefore would not wish for my experience to be tainted by the other.

OR...

Is it possible to play through both games in tandem?

I need advice...

2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    You can easily play both of them in tandem, that's for sure, they are not related in any way. If I were you, I would start with HZD, finish that, and then go to GOW. Why? Cause now, having played both of them, when they respectively appeared, so first HZD then GOW, I think it's the best way to go at it.

IMO GOW is the way better than the other one, when you look at the entire package, so playing first GOW then HZD, I would kinda feel disappointed, and not in the mood to finish it right away.

It's not a hard choice to make though :D

Loobyluggs likes this.
  3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Thanks - I'll see what other Gurus say, but that was my initial school of thought :)

serbicu likes this.
  4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    I favor HZD way over GOW..

I always thought , nah i dont like it , don tlike fighting robots, not gonna get it. Then one day around xmas holidays i got it in a deal , and holy crap i got hooked for like 2 weeks.
    didnt have that with GOW. it had a few cool moments , but mostly i was thinking, is this it ?!?

While HZD gives total sandbox freedom , GOW is linear with a few sidequest.

Loobyluggs likes this.

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
  6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    if you were to ask me you can't play the game in tandem, that is how you wind up restarting games cause forget what happen in one when play another, well atlest I DO :rolleyes:

Horizon Zero Dawn (Complete Edition)
    This is like crack though, like skyrim crack you can never get enough and cant get it fast enough :eek:

signex likes this.
  7. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I loved Horizon, so I'd play Horizon and forget about GOW :) And when I'm done with it (after like 120+ hours) I'd start GOW.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that all I was 300+ hours in to Horizon before I got side track with skyrim and started the game again. then again i spend alot time in game just just running around. I lost count how many hours some where after 2000+ hours into skyrim and still and i only recent finished the main story in skyrim, still haven finished main story on horizon. Open world games likes these are like never finished.

Hence I said the game is like crack.

9. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    As an aside, I have often thought the person who invented crack is the same person who invented espresso coffee, the .44 Magnum, the 8800GTX, Concorde...and lootboxes. It's like one unit of measurement just wasn't enough for them, so they upped it.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  10. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    To be fair I managed to get 92% of all achievements during that time, including the DLC. For me, that is the all time record I ever had in any game and I wasn't even looking for specific achievements :)

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    better person then me I think only I barely got out of the begin area of the game before i got side track with skyrim hahah andI was like 300 hours in

12. CloserCloser

CloserCloser New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1650
    Go for God of War !! It's a no brainer for me personally

13. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC H20
  14. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
  15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Well, I sped through HZD...great story and really solid combat, looking forward to play again at length to do more exploring and most defintely looking forward to the sequel whenever it appears and whatever form it takes.

Started playing GoW about a week ago, not great impression so far, as it seems to follow a greatly narrow linear path with each 'area/encounter' having invisible walls, with even more narrow combat to get into the next room.

I'll pitch back when finished, but I'm not enthralled at the prospect of completing it.