1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Classic/Retro Game(s) have you recently played?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TheDeeGee, Jun 2, 2019.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Since i'm recently into older games i kinda missed a place on Guru3D to talk about them. So, here could be an ongoing thread i guess :)

Earlier this week i finished Jurassic Park: Trespasser, the first game featuring Ragdoll Physics. Despite the stories i must say i actually enjoyed it, once you get the hang of the controls it's a rather fun survival game.

I currently have a bunch of old games on my Steam Wishlist such as Turok and Blood: Fresh Supply, which i have never played. Other games on the list are DUSK, Return to Castle Wolfenstein (played once), Max Payne (played once), Ion Maiden, WRATH and Prodeus. Just waiting for the Summer Sales to go live somi can grab a bunch of them :D

Keitosha and drandiiski like this.
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Started replaying the original Doom games lately. Sigil got me back into them, now I'm just running through the entire series.

But, there's almost always an older shooter I've got installed, or I'm currently playing.
    Be it Hexen, Blood... Quake 2.

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    stalker, black & white, gothic 2, dawn of war soulstorm with apocalypse mod, deus ex, kotor, trying to get space rangers hd to work atm.

yea i got a bunch of retro games i am bouncing between atm and they all amazing especially with mods.

4. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    playing Heores III here and there. installed Bloodlines after the second game was announced.

5. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Currently I’m replaying my favorite game of all times – Freelancer. Was surprised how easy it can be modded to have widescreen support + some better textures and stuff, without an all-round conversion mod.

Also I’m messing with ScummVM on my phone and have a blast from the past with The Dig and Full Throttle.

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Master of Orion 2.

Keitosha likes this.
  7. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Doom (Sigil), Blood (Fresh Supply) and Dark Forces so far. I've also played a Castlevania-esque free game called Curse of Issyos (I may have misspelled that).

8. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Descent 1 (1995), Comanche 3 (1997), TFX (1993)

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    I'll be playing Quake 2 RTX when it's out. Unfortunately I've heard that it's way too bright but we'll see.

Barry J and Kolt like this.
  10. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Oh, there's a bunch I've been playing recently:

- Castlevania II (NES) and Double Dragon 1 & 2 (NES), I actually finished DD1 just last week in about 3 relatively short sessions I think.
    - Uniracers (SNES), Metal Marines (SNES, and side note: one of the best 'sleeper hits' for me back then on the system) and of course my monthly dose of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (in my Top 3 Beat 'em Ups of All Time)
    - Rambo III (GEN) and Streets of Rage 2 (GEN), side note: I play this one at least to the 3rd level or so every month minimum, sometimes twice a week (it's one of my All Time favorite Beat' em Ups, and I can't wait to see how SoR4 turns out)
    - Assault Rigs (PS1, also: my very first ever played PS1 game; rented it along with the system at the time; I still have a go at it at least until beating the first level every now and then just for nostalgia's sake, but I genuinely still enjoy it to this day) and Disruptor (PS1, pretty solid FPS; well of course, as far as PS1 FPS can go; those good ol' 90s gaming FMVs are NEVER getting old, ever)
    - My beloved Command & Conquer 2 (Tiberian Sun + Firestorm), still from my own original retail versions too (with some mods as well), one of the greatest RTSes for me, and the best of the C&C franchise (again of course, for me; all subjective). Can't go 1 or 2 months without at least a skirmish.

And a couple more. I actually play retro / old-school games pretty regularly all things considered. I just spread my play time for them a bit all over the place. It's usually pretty short-lasting, quick burst sessions of anywhere from 5 to 30 mins then I stop for the day, or the week; then I repeat it the next day, or the next week depending on the game, the mood, or sometimes if I actually am trying to focus on it to complete it without playing any others in the meantime (which I actually did recently with Double Dragon 1).

Keitosha likes this.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I wish that the powers that be would make a remake of Trespasser, when I was a kid I remember going over to a friends house and playing the start bit and looking down and being like omg I can see cleavage... xD

The last retro game I played was Ranger-X, for the Sega Maga Drive... or.. it's called the Sega Genesis in the US isn't it? That game is pretty fun.

Shataan likes this.
  12. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I'm often replaying Gothic 1 and 2, there are plenty of fixes to make it work well in widescreen. It's such a shame that the followups were just completely different games, even though Gothic 3 with community patch is a decent game.

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Ultima Underworld 1/2, bought them recently from GOG, cracking stuff.....going through a dungeon crawler bit at the moment after finding by sheer accident a game on the xbox gamepass called Operencia The stolen sun, that was basically a old 90s rpg dungeon crawler were you move from tile to tile around the world like Dungeon master/Eye of the beholder/Lands of lore, type movment, then you fought via a turn based system, and the leveling up system and potion brewing and puzzles were all top notch, really did tick all my old 90s rpg retro boxes, just over 30 hours for my first run through of the game.

Texter likes this.
  14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Pretty much Doom and Chrono Trigger.

15. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Tetris on my sat receiver. Not kidding.

drandiiski likes this.

16. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    Playing Freespace 1+2 at the moment through SCP with the FSport (mod) so it looks like a more modern game.

Beside that; Archimedean Dynasty and Arx Fatalis (Arx Libertatis)

17. Valken

Valken Maha Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Open X-Com with X-Com Files mod and Project Brutality for Doom 1/2...

I want to play SvenCoop for Half Life 1 but I think the servers are near dead....

I would love to play Freespace 1 and 2 again...

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Good old R6S, oh wait

Chess likes this.
  19. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Currently playing Hexen as I just beat Heretic the other day. I've been in a serious old-school shooter / build engine mood lately :)

20. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Command Conquer Red Alert, Command Conquer Tiberian Sun,, Sudden Strike 1-2 yeap a RTS blitz

Turanis and TheDeeGee like this.