Which 8800GT from ebay?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by DaBozUK, Nov 26, 2007.

1. DaBozUK

DaBozUK New Member

GPU:
    GeCube X1950XT AGP (HX195XTGA3-D3)
    There's a shortage of 8800GT cards at the moment, but there seems to be a wild variation in price on ebay's buy it now cards. Are any of them "sub-standard"?

Bottom line, does it matter which you buy?

Examples in UKP including postage:

"NVidia GeForce BLISS 8800GT 512MB" for £160
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gainward-NVid...oryZ3762QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"nVidia EVGA 8800GT 8800 GT KO" for £167
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/nVidia-EVGA-8...oryZ3762QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"BFG 8800 GT OC 512Mb" for £195
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-RETAIL-BF...oryZ3762QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"XFX GeForce 8800GT 512MB Alpha Dog XXX" for £148!!!
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XFX-GeForce-8...oryZ3762QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Annoyingly, at time of posting there were few examples of different cards on UK ebay, but completed items shows some interesting examples and variations in proce.

Cheers

Boz

2. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3
    those are all overprice if you ask me.

3. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Such are hardware prices here.

5. DaBozUK

DaBozUK New Member

GPU:
    Could you be so kind as to point me at an 8800GT that isn't overpriced?

148 seems pretty reasonable, and cheaper than anything I've found.

6. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 370 4gb DDR 5
    Just a thought, are you planning on upgrading your mobo and processor? The motherboard you have is AGP only. If you have a new PCIe motherboard and CPU waiting in the wings, my bad.

7. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3
    since everyone seems to be on the price gouge trip with this card being as good as it is and as seemingly rare.
    I doubt you will find one for now. Give it a month and i believe prices will settle back down to the orig MSRP.

8. mezball

mezball Master Guru

GPU:
    eVga 3080 FTW12Gb
    Highly doubtful about the price going down to MSRP. Retailers know they have a hot item here, and will capitalize on it as much as they can. Unless the market becomes saturated with a huge amount stock, or Nvidia comes out with a better card, prices will stay the same as they are, or might go a little higher.

9. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3
    Why? in a month the G92 GTS will be out and they will faze out the G80's. So that means the GT's only competition will be the other GTS. So either they price hike the G92 GTS to Ultra prices or they bring the GT price down.
    Sadly seeing as stores are all so greedy it will be the first.

10. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Master Guru

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    please use paypal if you buy anything electronic from ebay! there is an entire culture of people who thrive on displaying one item and delivering another. its easy enough to remove a card from a box reseal it and put in something else.i have heard of people who simply collect stock heat sinks from people who install aftermarket heatsinks only to put stock ones on lesser cards.and whala you are delivered someones old junk in sheeps clothing

11. DaBozUK

DaBozUK New Member

GPU:
    Well spotted! I have two PCs and the forum profile doesn't really cater for that. My initial reason for joining this forum was for my older AGP machine. Now I want to upgrade my PCIE machine, my step son's and also I need to build a gaming machine for my nephew. All 3 need DX10 cards.

Boz

12. Midi

Midi Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX260 896MB X 2 SLI