Which 40 series would/will you buy?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by fr33k, Sep 15, 2022.

?

40 series choice?

1. 4090

36 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. 4080

17 vote(s)
    19.5%
  3. 4070

19 vote(s)
    21.8%
  4. 4060

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. lower

8 vote(s)
    9.2%
  1. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Am going to see what team red has tbh, the other article showing the DLSS3 effect on cyberpunk is very telling for me my 3090 gets 20fps at 4k full everything and no DLSS the 4090 gets 23 ok when we turn on DLSS there is a bigger uplift but its not £1500 worth, my 6900xt matches the 3090 and in fact beats it without RT or DLSS on so both cards are just maxing out the arch, it also uses a lot less power doing it!
    But if I do buy Nvidia it will be a 4090 and then liquid cooled dont care which they are all within a frame or two anyway

TheDigitalJedi and PrMinisterGR like this.
  2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Do you play at 2560x1440p? In that case I agree that the 3080 is sufficient (depending a bit on your monitors refresh rate). 4K may be overrated but I must say that a crisp 4K image is quite something compared to 3440x1440p (which is my main monitor resolution).

mezball likes this.
  3. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Watercooled
    with the RT overdrive mode the 3090 probably get 10FPS, not 20 LOL

4. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    well unless its a download I have not yet got I dont see that option I must admit CP2077 was a massive disappointment for me only played a few hours and cant get into it at all I just find it clunky and boring to play too many puzzles not enough gore!
    have also noticed a change in image quality if you look at these 2 pics from the official video one has tyre treads one doesnt, the DLSS3 image looks a lot less detailed, of course it could just be a random effect but it seems to be missing the treads on all the video

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
    TheDigitalJedi likes this.

5. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium
    TOO PRICEY for me ..... and not enough AAA titles in the game industry

mezball likes this.
  6. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Watercooled
    the RT Overdrive mode is not in the current public version of CP2077, only in beta build that we can't download freely.

TheDigitalJedi and suty455 like this.
  7. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
  8. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
  9. Meathelix1

Meathelix1 Member Guru

GPU:
    10x 3090ti 24G
    Wtf, who are they trying to cater to? It feels like they are trying to sell these to adult kids with the names and crap. "Smashes Head on Wall"

I do like the fact that more are doing AIO for them that will be the only way you can go back to 2 slots.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/nvidia-says-falling-gpu-prices-are-over/

after reading this probably none. cause i will never seeing 350$ xx60 series again

a 3 fps diffrence betweent 3090 and 4090 using native 4K? that true then it it in no way worth that price. seem priority is to improve DLSS performance?

11. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    One is running RT overdrive mode, the other isn't. Lets see that 3 fps gap when running a 3090 with RT overdrive.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  12. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    No interest in 4xxx series at all. The price at the high end isn't compelling and the lower tier cards will be too close to 3080 perf.

Things are looking pretty bad all around and I'm not convinced AMDs pricing will be all that interesting either.

I'm glad I paid MSRP for the 3080 founders edition. It's hooked up to a 60hz 1440p monitor right now, so it will last a long time.

13. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Although I appreciate and like RT, to be completely honest, as long as this console generation is around, anything above what vanilla Cyberpunk is doing, will be a gimmick attached to the "top" of a game already released.

My initial plan was to stick with my setup for this console generation, and I don't see any reason to change it. In fact it feels like this generation has extortionate pricing, and horrible, misleading naming, packed with a really mediocre performance uplift in any realistic situation.

My honest hope is that AMD comes out swinging, but they're not any "good guy", just don't forget that.

No matter what everyone here says, I'm also certain that Turing and up can do motion interpolation (because that's what it really is), as it's a VR requirement, and that the whole limitation is artificial, even just because they might not have the time yet to work on the older gen of cards.

Undying, OnnA, fatezeroart and 3 others like this.
  14. lawood

lawood Member

GPU:
    rtx 1
    I think all of us should wait for independent reviews.

The price is nuts, and they just show very specific scenarios, the rasterization gains can very well be in the gutter.

And evidence shows dlss 3.0 has inputlag and horrible artifacts on movement, more reasons to hold still.

My 2 cents.

15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    I gotta say that the only thing im personally worried about, is having to use one of those 12VHPWR adapters... they are gonna be sketchy AF...

Spets likes this.
  17. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    I'm skipping this generation entirely I think, unless AMD hits it out of the park. At least for now my 3080 is plenty fast for the games I'm playing at 1440p.

mezball and Maddness like this.
  18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Thought i was good to go with the front cage removed in my case, but might actually become an issue with size with the 4090 strix anyways, due to the width...

Kickass part of my cosmos 2 case for gpu temps is the abililty to have 2x 120mm side mounted fans, blowing directly into the gpu... however, 4090 strix is both so wide and so deep, that it's gonna conflict with the fans :eek: (pic is my 3090 strix inside my cosmos 2).

[​IMG]

I'm inclined to just test it out, and just let it recieve air from the 200mm front fan, and passively draw air through the side air-intakes... and if temps are terrible, then i will have to replace the case. But i'd really rather keep my cosmos 2 case - really like it. And i dont see many super wide cases anyways.

19. bobnewels

bobnewels Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Take it easy with new Nvidia products
    Nvidia landing page.jpg

20. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    Make sure you get a new PSU as well, cause the power cables might get very hot and catch fire... :D

https://wccftech.com/atx-3-0-12vhpw...r-safety-risk-using-adapter-confirms-pci-sig/

Dragam1337 likes this.