Which 240Hz monitor? 27 Different Options!

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by Rakanoth, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Rakanoth

Rakanoth Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    There are 27 different 240 Hz monitors on the market. I repeat: 27 different monitors which support 240 Hz! Here is the list: https://www.displayninja.com/gaming-monitor-list/

I am wondering which one we should go for my brother's PC. He is mostly going to play first person shooters: Rainbow Six Siege, CS GO, BF V.

The budget doesn't matter. Anything that isn't ridiculously overpriced is welcome. The most important question is which monitor can give a player the best competitive advantage?

His hardware is good enough to support 240 Hz. He also tweaks the settings to get the highest frames per second possible. i9 9900k @ 5GHz, RTX 2080 Ti, 16 GB CL14 3200 MHz 2*8 RAM Kit

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  2. alexander1986

alexander1986 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    IMO the benq xl2546 or asus pg258q are the best monitors after a lot of research into this, not sure if the xl2546 supports inofficial freesync/gsync through nvidia drivers though if he wants that, but it supports blur reduction at 240hz (benq DyAc technology) pg258q is expensive but should be very good, gsync compatible and has 144hz ULMB if he wants blur reduction technology,

I dont have one myself but when I wanted to buy a 240hz monitor I did a lot of research and these 2 are what I found to be best options :S

Rakanoth likes this.
  3. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    Haha by tweaking to the highest fps you mean playing on low settings/resolution? :p:p:p

Anyway most of the 24.5" range 240Hz w/ G-Sync will have the same panel. Thats Alienware, Acer, AOC, BenQ etc.. using AU Optronics M250HTN01.0, Asus seems to have a custom one Q250HTA00 but as far as performance goes they all perform on the same field.

The biggest difference would be the companies tweaks on colors, features, built in peripherals (USB, RGB, Audio etc...) Some will have the same feature and different names or have their own picture/color profiles, black equalizer (brightens dark areas) etc..

Top Monitors used by professional gamers/sponsored in no particular order:

ASUS ROG Swift PG258Q
    BenQ XL2546
    Alienware AW2518H

I personally prefer getting one with native G-Sync as it supports all 240Hz while a FreeSync panel w/ G-Sync support will only go to about 144Hz or so. At this point it will be all about preference since some people just disable G-Sync all together. As for me I have games capping at 237 so it doesn't get any lag from disengaging and engaging and when at lower frames I won't see any tearing or feel that lag/hitch that people with high refresh rate monitors feel when the game doesn't produce the target frames per second.

I have an AW2518H and its a really nice panel and very smooth in competitive fps games, I keep G-Sync on, cap my fps to 237, no lag or hitch on my end. The rest will come on added features and pricing/name brand/warranty etc...

Rakanoth likes this.
  4. I have a Viewsonic xg2530, and i have been very happy with it. Running it freesync with rx590, everything looks very crispy.

Rakanoth likes this.