Which 2.0 or 2.1 speakers to get?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Marek21, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Marek21

Marek21 Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9600
    Hey guys,
    At the moment I have a logitech 2.1 setup with an M-Audio Rev. 7.1. I would like to find new speakers, preferably powered, for $200-$250 or less. I'm not exactly on a tight budget, but I don't want to spend more money for some useless feature. Basically, I want the best sound quality for the money in a 2.0 or 2.1 setup. I would also like to make sure that if it is a 2.0 setup that the low-end doesn't fall short. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! And if I can provide anymore helpful info let me know. Thanks!

2. Anaksulnamun

Anaksulnamun Member

GPU:
    Onboard 64Mb
    http://www.harmankardon.com/ maybe you will love this speaker ,one of my friend tested it and he gave it 5 starts with a lot of good compliments :) and it fits ur price limit as well ;(

3. Royicus

Royicus Ancient Guru

I'd have to recommend the klipsch promedia 2.1. Probably one of the best 2.1 speaker sets you can get. They ring in at about $150 a newegg. If I were to get a 2.1 computer speaker set, i'd get those. Good natural sound, nice low end, no fancy features that i'll never use.

Quite simply nice good sounding simple computer speakers.

4. Fruitrience.hk

Fruitrience.hk Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 2900XT 512MB - Dell 2407FPW
    Why don't you want a surround set? No enough space, or are you scared that your budget won't be able to give you a quality set of 5.1s?

5. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    the only multimedia speakers I can see on the website are the sticks II. those have to be the sexiest speakers I've ever seen for a PC, but I have my doubts quality wise, well hearing is believing.

6. stefanie

stefanie Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx geforce 5500 oc 336/430
    I will respect your idea about the 2.1 rather than a 5.1 system. I had a nice set of Boston acoustics 2.1. Unfortunately they were over 300.00 US. I took my time when I purchased my Altek Lansing 5.1 set up. They were 99.00 CDN. Now that was a price.:) I still have them and i just upgraded my sound card to a Audigy 2ZS platinum with 5.25" bay. None the less the Audigy 2 card is worth every penny spent. However, if you intend on spending over 200.00 for some nice Klipsch or Harman Kardon's seriously think of bidding your onboard sound a fond adieu. check out the Audigy 2, if not then the 2.1 speaker setup that was mentioned will make you happy.:) I like to play high end games with sound that lets you know someone or something is behind, to the side or just about anywhere to let you know where to turn next and frag your nemesis. If you are a serious gamer or just a lover of audio media give the sound card a look at.:) A secret... Be prepared to take off, literally! My sister is a muscian and she loves the audigy 2ZS platinum for recording and play back. An overall worthwhile investment. Get a nice set of speakers than you can upgrade your sound. :) One last thing. Do not forget the audigy 2 is 24 bit.;-) Keep the peace!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2005
  7. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    yes, 24 bit is great. :D

8. Marek21

Marek21 Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9600
    OK, here we go. Part of the reason I don't want surround is because of lack of space. The other main reason is that I really wouldn't use it. I don't game and I never watch DVD's on my computer. My speakers are primarily for music listening. I should have been more specific before. I am using 2 speakers and the sub from one of Logitech's 4.1 setups (Z560 I think? it's been awhile). I almost feel like I should get slapped in the back of the head for asking, but how do these Logitech THX speakers compare to the Klipsch Pro Media 2.1's?

9. rabidmoose171

rabidmoose171 Member

GPU:
    7800GTX
    the klipsch promedia 2.1 or the altec lansing 5021... both awsome 2.1 setups for less than 150 on newegg... the kluipsh is more bass heavey, while the altecs are more well rounded.

10. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    I know you had a logitech model, but you should take a look to these ones:

Logitech z2300

11. stefanie

stefanie Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx geforce 5500 oc 336/430
    Did you ever think of Cambridge soundworks? look the name up on the web and i think you will be quite impressed. If you love music, please do your ears some justice and tickle that ear drum with a little bass.;-) I understand that space is a dilema.
    Try a little look at the cambridge soundworks. As I said before my sis is an accomplished professional muscian and has cd's out. Ok, She is not on the charts but she Rox!

12. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    promedia 2.1 is the answer you are looking for.

13. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    I fully recommend Creative Megaworks 2.1 ,amazing bass ,high details ,perfect for gaming + mp3s.

14. Marek21

Marek21 Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9600
    thanks a lot for all the feedback! After the first few replies I just decided to get the ProMedia's and I set it up last night. MAN am I happy! They sound fantastic and I feel even better about it b/c I got them for $100 shipped. I don't think you can do much better than that. Thanks guys!

15. truAp0stle

truAp0stle Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI X800XL 256 @ 430~1100 ~Samsung 930b 19" LCD
    Good call man...I love my klipsch speakers. I have 5.1's and my wife has teh 2.1's.....

Good call.!!

~tru!

16. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    yeah, good speakers. enjoy them man.

17. labyrinth23

labyrinth23 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 3650
    Where did you find a deal like that?? I payed 133.00 for mine when they were on sale at Newegg

18. truAp0stle

truAp0stle Master Guru

GPU:
    No doubt, that is a smoking deal. When I bought my wife a pair I paid like $139 but they also had a $20 mail in rebate. From Best Buy.

19. Marek21

Marek21 Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9600
    Ebay! I was a little hesitant at first. I was mainly concerned with whether they were going to be in mint condition as described, but I figured it was worth the risk and I could take a hit selling them back on eBay if it came down to that. They turned out to be in perfect condition with original packaging and I don't expect to have any problems. In the post image there appeared to be a best buy sticker on the particular box so I'm thinking somehow someone got their hands on some BB returns. Legally? Who knows.

20. truAp0stle

truAp0stle Master Guru

GPU:
    Maybe they were an "open box" from Best Buy, which can sometimes mean significant savings. Who knows. I hope you enjoy them.

I bought my first set of Klipsch 5.1's like several years ago. They rock.

I love Klipsch. When I grow up further....this will be my home studio set up below.

[​IMG]

Could you imagine this set up for your PC gaming madness.crazy?

I can. :eek: