where/who's the best web hotel today?

Discussion in 'Hardware Reviews and News' started by softcris, Apr 19, 2010.

1. softcris

softcris Active Member

GPU:
    XFX-HD 4870 X2 2GB DDR5
    I'm a person who's searching for a web-hotel/ Web Host to host several of my domains and friends domains.
    I've being around that issue for about 4-5 years. All I've tried are a 'summ of s***' - Promises are always huge space, huge bandwidth,huge services etc...reality rocks bottom: case your host account is too big (8 Gb while they offer you 750 GB) you're going to have terrible problems ALL the time! Slow pages, slower MySQL etc.. Case you upload or download these 8GB once a month (they give you a bandwidth of 750GB a MONTH) you'll be disconnected automatically after the first 1 or 2 GB.

Shorting the long horror movie I've being seeing for the ast4-5 years since I decide to make few web sites and hosted some more for my friends.

* I can't pay more than 7 or 8 USD a month.All includes!

* I need a minimum of 10 GB of space and 5 times more bandwidth/mon and upload as well download same size ( making tests pages all the time, back ups and updates to the pages already there).

* Better if the servers are in Europe, since we're here.

* Mandatory the host to have an 'auto installers' with things like: Joomla, Forum,WordPress, Calendars, Shopcarts etc... Also video stream, audio stream, MySql (always the last version)- PHP,CSS,XTHML etc... to build easily web sites.

* Able to send and received emails form the domains names.

* Able to host several domain names with no extra fee. They called it parked or just add-domain.

* Able to configure easily as much sub-domains as I need.

Please I'm serious as a heart attack, about that. I'm in despair going from one to the other in the last years. I have tried:

Justhost.com, BlueHost.com,Siteground.com,Servage.net,TMDhost.com,Yahoo.com.

:vader:None of the above serves as I need, yes they do have all I need but their services are poor to hilarious!

* Poor because once you're there all promises becomes a paid task unless you are able to wait sometimes more than 72 hours,

* Poor because when something goes wrong in their side they spend about 48 hours saying it's your side the faulty one, when at the end they realized its' their side the faulty.

* They keep saying it's 'not for us to fix' - we have to delegate to our system department..you'll loose about 3 -4 days in the game...

* They usually came out with a simple answer: you pay that '$' we fix it for you.

* Bandwidth for then is not 'upload' or 'download' your files from their servers!

* Often problems with emails from the domain name due to the crappy CPanel they have or crappy service as all.

I can go on and on a huge and fat list of my experience with these titans of Internet - until today I couldn't afford a decent web host and probably will not in the near future because prices are around 100 USD a month!

Appreciated any tips about the question: which is the best at the moment, web hotel/Host for my domains?

Thanks!:)

2. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    That's a big list. I've heard great things about Servage, it sounds like a lot of your problems are because it's a shared server system with lackluster support. Well, that's what you get for under $10 a month, it does take around $100 for your own server.

I've used a shared server from http://order.1and1.com in the past, didn't have any problems with them.

3. softcris

softcris Active Member

GPU:
    XFX-HD 4870 X2 2GB DDR5
    well thanks...I was hoping for something more ...soluble! ;(