1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy RAM in the UK for Ryzen 3000

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Only Intruder, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Only Intruder

Only Intruder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    Wonder if anyone can help me? I'm looking to buy 2x16GB RAM sticks (for 32GB total) for my upcoming build but actually finding a place to buy 16GB sticks seems rather difficult with scan.co.uk having bugger all ram anyway and Overclockers just generally not having good stock with CCL being the best so far for memory availability.

The requirements are:-
    • 32GB total RAM
    • 3200-3600MHz - as tight timings as possible
    • Spend no more than £200 (the cheaper the better, £150 I'm comfortable with).

https://www.cclonline.com/product/2...5V-CL16-DDR4-Desktop-Memory-DIMM-Kit/RAM4195/ This is what I'm currently looking at and as far as I'm aware this might be using Hynix J die (but I haven't been able to confirm) which isn't bad but isn't great. From what I've researched so far it might be possible to push the timings to CL15 or even 14 or push the bandwidth to 3466 or even 3600 at CL16 when upping the voltage to ~1.4v (I don't mind 3200MHz CL16 but if there are better options out there, I'd like to know).

As for why I'd need so much RAM, I'll be using my PC for a variety of tasks which include media editing (photo and video) and other projects including virtualisation and generally just provisioning for future usage.

I'm just wondering though if there's any other places I could or should be looking at or if I should be looking at different RAM.

Very much will appreciate any assistance, thanks.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  2. Ripcord

Ripcord Active Member

GPU:
    gtx1060 3GB
  3. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC H20
    K.S. likes this.
  4. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080FTW
    I paid £213 for these in white from cclonline

5. K.S.

K.S. Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
  6. Only Intruder

Only Intruder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    I ended up getting the HyperX Fury 3200Mhz CL16 32GB (2x16GB) kit - Set XMP profile and it worked straight away no problems - I'll look into tweaking the timings later when I figure out how to use the Ryzen Memory Calculator (I have a feeling this ram will clock up nicely).