where do i tick to show osd items description ?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by er557, Dec 2, 2019.

1. er557

er557 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 1080 sc acx 3.0 sli
    Hi, question in OP, BTW I am using SLI.

i.e. I want to see the values with description instead of just u1,u2 etc. and their values on screen display?
    i have each setting selected in afterburner and RTSS that I could find,
    also there is a flashing vertical color line left of the osd, interfering.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  2. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    That flashing line is enabled FCAT option in RTSS options. Why do you activate options without knowing what they do? They could impact your experience in a negative way not only visual!

And what do you mean by there is no description alongside the values?
    Can you provide a screenshot?
    Maybe you messed around with options and settings, like the FCAT, without knowing what you did and disabled some default settings.

Maybe you should deinstall MSIAB and RTSS completely without keeping your settings, do a reboot and then do a clean re install.

3. er557

er557 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 1080 sc acx 3.0 sli
    Thanks for response, I disabled FCAT and the line is gone, now I can see the descriptions that were under the line, also i made the fonts of raster3d bigger and without fill color. So in general it is ok, except I would like to also see each column title to have a description of the values themselves, instead of only row titles(left side)

4. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    so... you want something like this?

[​IMG]

5. er557

er557 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 1080 sc acx 3.0 sli
    yes, i would like that

6. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    Ok, then...
    1. Open the Layout Editor in MSIAB
    2. click on "Sizes Library" hit [Insert] on your keyboard select next free variable slot and insert 0 as size in percent. This is for all we want to hide. (You have to have at least 1 source (fps, gpu, etc.) selected to display in OSD otherwise you won't see any OSD.)
    3. double click on text field right to Prolog under Separators and enter all Descriptions you want to add: Starting with | (pipe symbol) a space and the text for the description and ending with \t and adding a \n at the very end of the whole line. Example:
      | FPS\t| CPU \t| GPU \t| GPU Clock \t| GPU Temp\t|\n
    4. Now double click right to Text and insert all the macro names for the descriptions, again starting with | and each separated by \t| and adding a \n at the very end. Example:
      | %Framerate%\t| %CPU usage% %\t| %GPU usage% %\t| %Core clock% MHz\t| %GPU temperature% ÂșC\t| \n
    5. Now you still have the normal descriptions (group), values and units which you don't want to have displayed. Now click on Group size, hit [Insert] and select <any>. Double click on <default> and select that 0% superscript.
    6. Do the same with Value size and Units size
    PS: If you want to add the system time in first row,as I did, add %time%\n at the beginning of the prolog.

er557 likes this.
  7. er557

er557 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 1080 sc acx 3.0 sli
    where is the layout editor located?

8. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    where the tooltip is:

[​IMG]

er557 likes this.
  9. er557

er557 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 1080 sc acx 3.0 sli
    very helpfull, cheers!

10. Ishan

Ishan New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11G
    Hi,

Is there a way to add some sort of timer when i start and end benchmarking? I want to start a countdown when i start benchmarking a particular game. Any suggestions?

11. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

<BTIME> hypertext tag displays time elapsed since benchmark start, i.e. since 3D application start or since pressing "Begin benchmark recording" hotkey. So it can be always reset to 0 with benchmark stats via "Begin benchmark recording" hotkey.

Ishan likes this.
  12. Ishan

Ishan New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11G
    Yes, this sets me up nicely. You have my gratitude brother.
    [​IMG]

13. Unwinder

New hypertext editor (OverlayEditor plugin) will feature more flexible programmable timers (start increasing/decreasing timer with custom time target with hotkey).

Andy_K likes this.
  14. Snacko

Snacko New Member

GPU:
    nVidia 1080TI
    I'm trying to use the OverlayEditor.dll Plugin for the first time in the RT 7.3.0 Beta 4. Is it functional yet? When I open it, it displays my current OSD as a functioning background, and I cannot remove it as it is not a layer. I tried disabling all of the Monitoring items OSD in Afterburner, but then the RivaTuner is unloaded from running. So I enabled one item so that I could just use the OverlayEditor and now it shows that one item. I searched the forums and Youtube bug could not find how to use it without at least one OSD item turned on. What am I missing? :confused:

15. Unwinder

Of course it is absolutely not functional. I release non-functional features only. I give up on this thread, check development thread, view multiple tutorial videos related to new plugin. And BTW, your question and my answer have zero relation to this plugin. It is basic integrated OSD layout editing functionality of MSI AB.

16. Snacko

Snacko New Member

GPU:
    nVidia 1080TI
    Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I guess I'm just asking dumb questions? I have dyslexia and I am a total noob to RT as I'm sure you have figured out. But I am trying to figure this out on my own and my searches have just revealed not much help. But I will keep searching for answers. Sorry..