where do i tick to show osd items description ?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by er557, Dec 2, 2019.

1. er557

er557 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 1080 sc acx 3.0 sli
    Hi, question in OP, BTW I am using SLI.

i.e. I want to see the values with description instead of just u1,u2 etc. and their values on screen display?
    i have each setting selected in afterburner and RTSS that I could find,
    also there is a flashing vertical color line left of the osd, interfering.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  2. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    That flashing line is enabled FCAT option in RTSS options. Why do you activate options without knowing what they do? They could impact your experience in a negative way not only visual!

And what do you mean by there is no description alongside the values?
    Can you provide a screenshot?
    Maybe you messed around with options and settings, like the FCAT, without knowing what you did and disabled some default settings.

Maybe you should deinstall MSIAB and RTSS completely without keeping your settings, do a reboot and then do a clean re install.

3. er557

er557 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 1080 sc acx 3.0 sli
    Thanks for response, I disabled FCAT and the line is gone, now I can see the descriptions that were under the line, also i made the fonts of raster3d bigger and without fill color. So in general it is ok, except I would like to also see each column title to have a description of the values themselves, instead of only row titles(left side)

4. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    so... you want something like this?

[​IMG]

5. er557

er557 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 1080 sc acx 3.0 sli
    yes, i would like that

6. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    Ok, then...
    1. Open the Layout Editor in MSIAB
    2. click on "Sizes Library" hit [Insert] on your keyboard select next free variable slot and insert 0 as size in percent. This is for all we want to hide. (You have to have at least 1 source (fps, gpu, etc.) selected to display in OSD otherwise you won't see any OSD.)
    3. double click on text field right to Prolog under Separators and enter all Descriptions you want to add: Starting with | (pipe symbol) a space and the text for the description and ending with \t and adding a \n at the very end of the whole line. Example:
      | FPS\t| CPU \t| GPU \t| GPU Clock \t| GPU Temp\t|\n
    4. Now double click right to Text and insert all the macro names for the descriptions, again starting with | and each separated by \t| and adding a \n at the very end. Example:
      | %Framerate%\t| %CPU usage% %\t| %GPU usage% %\t| %Core clock% MHz\t| %GPU temperature% ÂșC\t| \n
    5. Now you still have the normal descriptions (group), values and units which you don't want to have displayed. Now click on Group size, hit [Insert] and select <any>. Double click on <default> and select that 0% superscript.
    6. Do the same with Value size and Units size
    PS: If you want to add the system time in first row,as I did, add %time%\n at the beginning of the prolog.

er557 likes this.
  7. er557

er557 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 1080 sc acx 3.0 sli
    where is the layout editor located?

8. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    where the tooltip is:

[​IMG]