Where can i get a Video that shows each 16.7 million colors full screen?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Saeid, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Connect3D X800 PCI-Express 256MB
    Hey guys, I was wondering if you know where i could find a full color spectrum video?

It's because i have a Sony LCD TV and it does not have any dead pixels, but when i was watching The Office, i noticed that under some colors, this particular area of the screen displayed a long line of GREEN pixels, only under those colors....

So i know that apple computers have the full color spectrum screensaver (& i dont have an apple)... so i was hoping you guys could point me to where i could find a video, of a color thing, so that the video cycles through all the 16.7 million colors (or somewhere along that)..

I really appreciate it. :)

2. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6700XT
    Some monitor calibrating tools like Adobe Gamma have different color setting tools.

And am I correct in assuming that your TV is hooked up to your PC?

3. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  4. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Connect3D X800 PCI-Express 256MB
    NO my tv is not, but i could.... the problem with that image is that it entire image has every color, but the entire area of the screen is not displaying that.

some parts of the screen might be ok, while others aren't, and the only way to find out is to expose the entire screen to every color.... to test for dead pixel's i just displayed a RGB blue, Green, Red, Black & White. but i need the colors inbetween.

Thanks in advance.

5. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    Another thing to do would be to hook up your pc to the tv use windows picture and fax viewer... set it to actual size then just scroll about the image.. that would have the same effect as a video.