when your own family f**ks you over

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by MrRand0m, May 24, 2005.

1. MrRand0m

MrRand0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    There is this old guy that used to take me and my mate out shooting on the back of the ute every so often - anyway, I hadn't seen him or my mate in a little while, and yesterday I spoke to my mate and I asked him if he had been out shooting lately...

his response shocked me.

The old guy had to hand his guns in. Turns out his little nephew told everyone that he touched him inappropriately.

Thats so f**kings disgusting that just because some kid says something, your automatically guilty. He is up on all these charges and has to go to court etc - all because his nephew obviously doesnt like him.

Personally I think that it is a huge attempt by his family to extort money off him (he is quite wealthy as he as always worked hard and led a simple life).

Now this guy is not creepy or sick at all - he is a normal old farmer - very resonable bloke. I could not imagine him touching a little kid inappropriately. My mate knows him better than anyone and its just impossible that he did it.

The ppl who make up sh1t like this are sicker then those who DO IT.

But these days the issue is so f**ked up. If a man puts his hand on a kids shoulder he's a pedofile. Its so screwed up. I'm gonna be EXTREMELY angry if things don't work out for this guy.

2. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    Asus V9999 Ultra - GeForce 6800 Ultra
    He shouldnt have handed them in, but the laws are different there, so I digress.

Yes, it is pathetic when people make stuff up like that.

3. PcKSnipE

PcKSnipE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800GT with Nv-5
    That is quite unfair, i hope everything works out for him, and those who accused don't get forgiven

4. techniques1200s

techniques1200s Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 270
    yeah, that really is unfair......its sick what some people will do to make a buck. Or maybe the kid is being a punk, and is just trying to get attention.
    I hope things work out well for your friend.

5. MrRand0m

MrRand0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    Adair - over here if u are suspected of anything, they take your guns.

One of our olympic shooters nearly missed the olympics cause he yelled at his wife!!!!!!!

It sux that he lost his guns, I was hopin to go shooting with him again soon - but that fact aside - being accused of something so sick must be horrible for him. He wouldnt understand it at all - he is a good natured old guy.

I feel so sorry for him and at this point I feel like drowning the little f**ker who made the accusation - tho I suspect that his parents put him up to it (kids are so easy to manipulate) to get money out of him. Tho as far as i am aware, no demands for money have been made.

6. PcKSnipE

PcKSnipE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800GT with Nv-5
    Whatever you do Kevnif don't get involved with trying to hurt the kid or anything...because we already have a squadron of Guru's getting ready to blow his A$$

7. Zapmaster

Zapmaster Sherlock Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870
    Well, usualy guys who abuse kids are "normal" types you would never suspect. And not some strange creeps. So don't assume this guy is innocent just because you know him as a nice guy. I am not saying he is guilty either, but if he is innocent truth will come out, alot of proof is needed for him to be charged. Not something one can fabricate.

8. oralpain

oralpain Active Member

There is also the possibility that this guy actually did what this kid claims he did. Unless you've been with him 24 hours a day, you cannot reasonably claim to know for sure.

People you don't expect are the ones most likely to do these things, becasuse they are the ones most likely to get away with it.

That said I'm all for giving people the benifit of the doubt and innocent until proven guilty.

It is absurd that one accusation, without coroberating evidence, can have significant legal repercussions.

9. MrRand0m

MrRand0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    i knew ppl would suggest that sorta thing - being in your positions, I would say a similar thing - but I just couldnt imagine this guy doing it.

and in these sorta cases, you are guilty the second you get accused. its not fair at all.

I still think that its a scam to get money out of him. OR - the old guy put his hand on the kids shoulder or something and the kid had been exposed to all this SH1T in the media and automatically assumed that it was sexual abuse. The media have done that to us - I have heard stories of fathers being beaten up for playing a little too closely with their kids in the park - some f**king righteous person thinking they are "protecting" the children from their sick daddy who is abusing em. Makes me want to throw up.

10. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    I think the real issue is that in the US people (I would assuem the same is true in AUS as its based on teh same legal system. Unlike say teh French one where you are assumed guilty) are supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. However with sex-offenses it seems the opposite.
    For example, my Chem teacher in HS was suspended after it was alledged he had made improper advances toward a student, whos father happened to be on the board. She soon recanted, she was trying to get back at him for a low grade, but the damage was done, and my school lost one of its best teachers.
    On the other hand, you have to take these things seriously. If true, this is henous crime that desirves serious punishment. The problem is that there have been false cases that damage the real ones. For example, a pre-school owner in so cal was jailed for molestationa nd later freed after it was show that the psychaitrist had manipulated teh children into saying they had been "touched" when they ahd not. Cases like this damage real cases because they make people think taht someone could be making it up.
    However, "anyone" does do things like this and thats what makes it so scary and media friendly.
    Essentailly, its very hard to figure out what is true and what isn't.
    If your friend is innocent, good luck to him. If he is guilty though, no punishment is enough.

11. nos604

nos604 Member

GPU:
    Galaxy 8800GT 512MB
    It just comes to show how really corrupt the world has become...

But yea, good luck to your friend.

12. MrRand0m

MrRand0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    I totally agree with you nm+ - but in my opinion all cases should be dismissed as rubbish unless solid evidence has been provided. The crap with the psychaitrist and the one with the teacher - it happens all too often. I hope both of em went to jail for making false reports. ruining someones life by falsely accusing them is as bad as molesting a child as far as i am concered.

The number cases of false accusations is on the rise... I wonder how many innocent ppl are already in jail... Jail isnt a pretty place for a person convicted of such things.

I saw this movie once where some ppl made up a story about some ppl molesting their kids. Next thing they know, they are in jail and the prosocuters manipulated the kids into saying that it happened. Then they were not allowed to cross examine the kids as the judge thought it would be too traumatic for them.

I wonder how many times this has happened in real life.... The whole protecting the children thing has gone too far.

13. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    Not dismissed per se, but investigated seriously, but quietly. We don't want to create an environment where legitimate victims are too afraid to come forward. However, in terms of investigation and the law, we need to treat these cases the same as any other. Certianly the crime is horrible, but so is ruining the life on an innocent.
    And those who are shown to have made a false accusation with malicious intent need long jail terms. (And those guilty need their ball cut off)

14. Zengar

Zengar Active Member

GPU:
    6600GT from MSI
    The problem is, even if this man is proven to be not guilty, one won't stop looking at him like he were pervers. This is a real problem in advanced lands. I don't know how it's in US (this land is known for funny processes, remember Klinton?), but kid's saying shouldn't be taken very seriousely. Maybe he was impressed by Jackson process :)
    Anyway, I am used to hug my male friends. Am I a gay now?? In my land it is pretty normal to have body contact to children, they need it anyway. In US, it seems, if you yell or hit a child, you're automatically a criminal. What are people there so afraid of? Stupid political correctness...
    Well, this is a matter of psycologist. I guess, a good doctor could say if the boy is lying.
    I wish your friend a good luck.

15. MrRand0m

MrRand0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    how do u lock up a kid for making a false accusation???

kids will say anything.... especailly when two parents break up and the f**king bitch ex tells the kid to say that daddy touched em. That happens a bit too.... :(

The mentality of ppl these days is to just believe it - regardless. If your under suspicion of a crime, or ppl make an accusation - there will always be ppl yelling GUILTY - they just seem to be a lot louder in these sort of situations for some reason.

16. Matariel

Matariel Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX285
    Nobody's mentioned the Michael Jackson case yet?

I think that MJ is in the same situation every time, just because he acts a little different to other people, and he likes acting like a kid, people think he's doing inappropriate things.

People draw a lot of conclusions on stuff they have a tiny bit of information about, like if someone says "Michael Jackson likes to play with kids", you'd instantly think he's a pedo...but try taking the statement in the most literal sense.
    He didnt get much of a childhood, so he acts like a child around other children, playing games, having fun like he never got to when he was that age.

People just try and take advantage of him because of his strange lifestyle, and his phat loot of money.
    Same deal with the guy mentioned in this thread, i think.
    Ever seen that South Park episode about the "M" word?

PS. Adair, gun laws are very strict here in australia ever since we had like 20 people killed by a crazy person who got his hands on a couple of automatic weapons. Since then we've had no multiple deaths from shootings, only the occasional gun death.
    And there is a law that any weapons you own are confiscated if you are charged with any crime, makes sense to me.

17. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    Ok, MJ might be a different case. While many of the alligations are probably just money grubbing, there is quite a lot fo evidence that the first aligation was, in fact, legitamate, but MJ simply bought out the family.
    /Similar to a lot of catholic priest suits BTW
    //Another very dangerous area, many innocent priests have been accused.
    ///Again, this does not mean that aligations should not be persued, and the guilt should not be serverely punished.

18. MrRand0m

MrRand0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    I feel sorry for the catholic preists that are in fact innocent... quite a prediciment to be in.

The guilty should be punished - severely - but I don't think that the welfare of children is worth all the torment that is put on to innocent ppl. Something has to be done.

19. RSX

RSX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6970
    thats what happens these day, it should be innocent until proven guilty right? well nowdays its guilty until proven innocent. I hope it all works out in the end

20. Handy Daddy

Handy Daddy Guest

As a revenge i would've touched the child for real infront of everybody, at least when i get in jail or something i'm guilty for real, then that little child from hell will suffer a shock that'll teach him to stop messing with peoples lives by saying lies. :cussing:

However if your MATE is guilty, well...then the whole prison should rape him one by one and he deserve it and more. :O

Hope you let us know how it ended up the situation and good luck for both of em.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2005