When will there be a new driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by askbananpie, Jun 8, 2023.

1. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Anti-Lag+ didn't work once again and had to be scrapped? :D
    Just kidding (I hope).

2. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    No major games being released in April. Mostly it's just indie stuff.
    So I guess AMD, nvidia and Intel will have a less eventful month.

3. good11

good11 Member

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    Nah, Nvidia 552.22 WHQL is out today.

4. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    24.10 branch is (over-) due.

5. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    But that is just minor bug fixes. And support for 2 indie games.
    Nothing major going on there.

6. Lagoochu360

Lagoochu360 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900 XT Ultimate
    April is indeed slow month for games. May is Ghost of Tsushima and Hellblade 2, then June is SMT Vengeance & Elden Ring expansion. Probably wont see driver until May. They're most likely still analyzing the feedback and stuff around Helldivers 2 problems.

7. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    I cannot wait to crash in fullscreen exclusive, while not crashing in borderless, however if yet to fact check this but it has been reported in past, and when i decided to check if i crashed in fullscreen exclusive as well as i have previously played fine, i also started to crash on both the 6900 XT and 7900 XTX, and have bug reported the issue a few times, of course without result many months ago.
    I am probably just wasting my time here but its easy enough to fact check and even provide proof that it does not happen in borderless, harder to proof that i do crash in fullscreen exclusive other then just my word that it happens.
    The game is very sensitive to memory being unstable but if never found issues with my memory, and that i know for a fact, because if had memory issues and elden ring was very sensitive but mostly crashing to desktop as result,
    i even tested another memory kit, of course with same results. So this is pathetic of AMD to ignore just like most other issues if mentioned before that been ignored, which is why i have no hope almost of many of these issues to be fixed.
    And before you ask why not just play in borderless, the game needs fullscreen exclusive for HDR to work, auto HDR has worked in the past but no longer compatible.

Whats even more annoying the amount of users saying they have no issue in the game, even tho the issue in the game is on a very specific spot, easily missed if you do not beat the game or start on a specific dlc, most gamers probably just play and never see the content that have all these issues, and start posting like everything is perfect, even tho release notes often proof otherwise.

I am basically turning into a gamer that just keeps switching between games cos some of the games are a crash fest, or a visual bug fest often in specific places of the game, not just the whole game so i easily give up on playing a game and move onto a another game.

Palworld so far has been stable no crashes at all yet for 83.3 hours, and before you think the game is not that demanding, i play on 3840x1600 the game has no FSR or even FSR2, and the mods that add these are trash, and make image quality absolute trash.

edit: after testing Dying Light 2 bunch of times during night and day to see any visual differences, some environmental effects are still missing, i discovered the RGB laser show bug still happens as 1 laser popped up during recording footage, this is really getting depressing.
    Is there really no other way to just buy an NVIDIA gpu to get out of this hell hole that NVIDIA created by spoiling developers creating this toxic monopoly.
    I even disabled RT mid run to test if the RGB laser show increases in frequency, cos the bug appears more frequently with RT off then on.

There was also a under glow bug on corpses and npc's had this weird glow as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hard to tell there is underglow but this is 2e time if seen it
    [​IMG]
    Its as if the bodies giving of light when it touches the ground.

I guess the bug is more random now, it happens at times, and then it does not happen at times calling this a partial fix rather then a full fix.

Kind of like Doom Eternal that been an issue on 6900 XT as well hard to call it hardware failure if it happens on 2 different gpu's 2 different memory kits, 2 different power supplies, 2 different cpu's with and without a riser cable.

Abselute BS, when is AMD gonna recognize their failure, or do many people all have broken gpu's including my nephew that also been able to reproduce this issue, or other users.

I may as well test and run DDU just to be safe, good time to check if importing snap settings carries over key bindings and other settings, i can already predict that it does not work, just like everything else that does not work, i'll even re export the snap settings so it cant possibly fail.

edit: and it imports and just hangs, now i understand what other users meant by it just hangs, and when you force it to close it restores everything which is why IT DOES NOT WORK!

[​IMG]

Its been hanging for very long time when i terminate it will reset, i could probably keep it from restoring user settings to default when app crashes by simply hitting the reset button on my PC instead, but what kind of idiot would do that, i guess when i finally see a use for a feature it fails to work thanks AMD, i guess with all the free time i have now cos i cant play games, or enjoy games i can spend more time making memes, making fun of AMD, and provide tech support for AMD users on r/AMDHelp heck im such a successful echo chamber, i do not even have to post there regulary anymore, because they just repeat what i say like a broken record that AMD / Microsoft keeps ignoring, cos its always the same reason, perhaps i should just make a video on how to do these steps, so people can spam that, and add some memes to it to make it entertaining for AMD users.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
  8. Homex

Homex Member

GPU:
    7900 xtx 24gb
    Its not them ignoring it. They just dont have the talent nor the people compared to nvidia. Any top talent they have has been switched to ai and server stuff.. thats where they make all their money and will be for the forseeable futute..

Which is why im laughing at the people waiting for rdna 4. Its not that they dont want to release a flagship, they dont have the people to troubleshoot top tier stuff ...not in the gaming video card division anymore

Guna be a bunch of mid tier stuff.. xt and xtx from rdna 3 will both be faster, mark my words...like they said about rdna 2 tk rdna 3.. even thiugh my xt was nearly doubling the 6900xt in 3dmark workloads at stock power levels lol...thanks to trash youtubers like hardware unboxed who started those rumors...posting legit fake benchmarks... I posted to his videos and to his twitter about his paid for by nvidia garbage benchmarks.. with real benchmarks ....he deleted them and ignored my account.. even though many others wanted to hear his replies...this is the world we live in now.

F2000 likes this.
  9. F2000

F2000 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 7900XT
    Yes, you can see similar things happening with machine learning. I remember a user has to tag Lisa Su on Twitter to fix a bug, what a shame.
    https://www.phoronix.com/news/Lisa-Su-Tweet-OSS-Firmware

Homex likes this.
  10. illusiveman

illusiveman Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    That is no regular user...He used to do jailbreaks for iPhones many years ago. I even used some of his jailbreaks lol.
    And that is no bug. He wants AMD to open source their GPU firmware so that he can use a regular 7900XTX's for his open AI business...That will not happen.
    I mean we could all ask Microsoft to open source their windows source code so that we can fix their bugs but they will not do it in a million years.

11. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    AMD actually will make more firmware parts open so players like Hotz can get at least closer to what they want. :)
    We can only guess how many bugs on Windows that look like driver issues are actually firmware ones. Probably not few, on Linux it seems to be to blame rather often...

12. Lagoochu360

Lagoochu360 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900 XT Ultimate
    Maybe when OpenSIL finally replaces AGESA AMD will consider opening up their GPUs more.

13. illusiveman

illusiveman Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Didn't he already said that he moved on to Intel Arc and Nvidia because AMD will not open source what he wants ?

14. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    illusiveman likes this.
  15. illusiveman

illusiveman Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Hmm I missed the part when he decided to sell AMD rigs anyway despite the "bugs". Anyway it's strange that he wants access to AMD firmware to debug...I mean access to a specialized debugger should be enough as he realized recently lol. He should debug for his special application and let AMD engineers fix whatever he finds that is not working as intended. Drama solved.
    Anyway I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with the bugs that gamers are reporting on windows.

16. cra3khead

cra3khead Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900 XT
  17. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I woldn't mind if they skip this month, honestly, of course, only if that means that next month will be a banger of a driver.

18. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    I expect monthly release of drivers least, if they fail to do that then they messed up, i can see what is happening i am already following a new paper trail.

19. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Anti-Lag+ now voids your Windows license, that must be it.

Cryio likes this.
  20. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    Probably found a new hacky method that will make some random dev angry and force AMD to un launch it a 2e time.