When will Rivatuner 2.25 be released ?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by kingsface, Jun 13, 2009.

1. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    rivatuner is vapor-ware its been vapor-ware for awhile
    most recent cards are unsupported

WRONG. It currently sits in my tray and works perfectly.

the registry keys for the a lot of the "tweaks" are either moved or non existent

CONFUSED?

the last time I tried to install it on windows 7 it failed ..

WRONG. It installed on my 64 bit with no issues what's so ever.

in short its old and busted

WRONG again.

and I doubt unwinder has the time to update it

RIGHT

2. onemoar

onemoar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    hate to break it to you but GF2xxx's are OLD
    most of the advanced tweaks are either for OLDDDDDDDDDDDDD cards or simply non functional ( no one makes patch scripts or updates plugins )
    I could't get it to run on w7 ( at least not with UAC/driver enforcement enabled )

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  3. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Search is your friend.

Thanks for the update about the generation of my cards, I didn't realize that. :rolleyes:

4. izajasz

izajasz New Member

GPU:
    GF GTX 580
    Question about softmod

First of all welcome guys,

I was a long term user of riva tuner some time ago and 1 feature amongst all that i remembered very well was the ability to softmod geforce card into quadro. I would like to ask You guys , is there any way to softmod GTX 480 into quadro since riva tuner v2.24c is not able to do this and probably riva tuner 2.25 wont be released any time soon if it will be ever released due to unwinders projects.

Regards.

PS. I searched quite long for this but i only found posts that 2.24c cannot do this, nothing more.

5. trackah123

trackah123 Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX470 (ASUS)
    Hi Guys.

I'm barely visit or post on these forums but just wanna give my 2 cents on this one.

I used RivaTuner for years, i believe since i had Return To Castle Wolfenstein game (Geforce 3). And it was my best NVIDIA Tweaking Tool. For a while i was kinda questioning myself what was going on with the update progress, so thats why i was browsing the forums now.

First of all congrats Unwinder with ur long-term partership.

Second : Don't let 1 bad apple like "Kein" spoil your motivation or mood on RivaTuner, Because these are just the kind of people that can only rage on the keyboard on every forum mentioning bad aspects of everything whilst totally forgetting the good aspects, which is a sign of disrespect towards the developer and community overall.

In my eyes you are just the best ATI/Nvidia Tweaker creator around. :)
    And i wish you good luck with everything in the future!

6. Hlafordlaes

Hlafordlaes Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 460 1GB
    Seeing how often trolls pop up in the RT forums, it seems to me it would be nice if they were more strictly moderated, with no leeway at all given to even the slightest step out of bounds . I'm sure lots of us would volunteer if Hilbert and Unwinder were interested. The goal, of course, is to head off all these tiresome dolts before they have a chance, and perhaps over time encourage Unwinder to feel a tad more appreciated and do an odd update when the mood is on him.

7. dougfunny64

dougfunny64 New Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC 8400 GS 512 MB DDR2
    Hi, everyone.First, I would like to thank Riva Tuner developers and the community too.It's really a great tweaking tool.Anyway, I have a question:I have an ECS GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS 256MB(TC) using ForceWare 266.77.I know Riva Tuner allows one to disable GeForce turbo cache feature.But does it work in Windows 7?I heard it does not work under Windows Vista/7, because both OS automatically set the system to share RAM with video card.I've already tried to change an entry called "RMDisableRenderToSysMem", but it simply doesn't exist in my SO or Riva Tuner either.SO, do you expect next RivaTuners versions will allow this feature in Windows 7 or should I buy a new video card without Turbo Crash?By the way, sorry for my English.

8. Rita

Rita Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6970 2GB
    I'd just like to thank Unwinder for all his hard work, been using Riva Tuner for years.Recently switched to EVGA Precision(got an asus gtx 295)such a nice and sweet lil program.. and i like the fact that it doesn't lock non-nvga cards out.

So.. anyway, a huge kiss along with my thanks for Unwinder. :)

9. Simplex

Simplex Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Gaming
    Did you check out MSI Afterburner? Very similar to EVGA Precision AFAIK it is more ofter updated and in my view it has became sort of "unofficial RivaTuner replacement".

My thanks to Unwinder too.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  10. Zaim

Zaim Member

GPU:
    MSI 7970 Lightning BE
    When is the new version out?

11. Simplex

Simplex Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Gaming
    Nice flamebait ;)

12. JorGul

JorGul Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    Hm... I am disappointed to see that someone even dares to compare RivaTuner with some other product...
    RT is a cult and will stay that way...
    I recently bought a new card and I am hoping for an update of RT to see how far I can oc.
    I don't want to try any other plagiarist products like those that have been mentioned in this tread.

13. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX
    well they are from the same creator, so more than plagiarist i would call them reusing code (rule 1, dont reinvent the wheel).

They are more limited, but companies what a somewhat mainstream product which can be used by almost every1. Also they are more comfortable (unless you want to do something that its not allowed there :( )

14. pmania

pmania New Member

GPU:
    Asus X850XT PE 256MB
    If you install rivatuner 2.24c MSI Master Overclocking Arena 2009 edition while installing, it asks for rivatuner protective system. The bottom option is automatically selected but what about the top option, Protect process virtual memory (may be incompatible with certain antivirus products). I will try this since it isn't my first pc anyway, and no anti virus installed.

15. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I've only ever checked the default protection so PB and online play work.

16. jststojc

jststojc Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte gtx285
    so, dont wanna push or anything, but im genuinely interested when a new rt version comes?

17. Russ369

Russ369 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    When the Messiah comes.. :)

18. jststojc

jststojc Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte gtx285
    mine was a serious question, your answer on the other hand is plain idiotic ...

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Unwinder said that he officially stopped supporting it until further notice..:infinity:

20. jststojc

jststojc Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte gtx285
    i see, thanks for the info. too bad tho it was a great tool :)