1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When will Rivatuner 2.25 be released ?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by kingsface, Jun 13, 2009.

1. ati666

ati666 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    unwinder your RT is a great software, can you please give us a estimated time when will the new 2.25 will come out?

2. cure72

cure72 Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 460 1Gb
    Unwinder
    Make us a gift for Christmas :)

3. billko

billko Member

GPU:
    eVGA 9800 512MB
    i wonder if it's an intellectual property issue now, where he can no longer work on it because the technologies he is using may now MSI property?

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

RT is not MSI property. And it never will be any vendor's property.

5. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX
    stimated time = more people screaming :p.

In my case afterburner does a good job for all my needs.

And with ati 6800 series rivatuner works still (altho no easy voltmod like in AB) <-- If you install RBE it will configure rivatuner to be unoficially compatible w em.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  6. billko

billko Member

GPU:
    eVGA 9800 512MB
    Thank [insert the deity and/or force you subscribe to here] that they are separate entities.

I love your work. Take your time. :)

7. Kein

Kein Banned

GPU:
    GeForce GTX260
    Screw RivaTuner! This is what new new nvInspector can do:
    [​IMG]

Hail to the king, baby!

8. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for your "kind" words. Thank nobody but yourself for screwing the chances to see product updates.

9. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    LOL, are you kidding me? Not even close in so many ways.

Nice try, now go away.

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    What an assface you are kien,showing these "new" things that are over a decade old in R/T.
    Doushbags like you will drive Orbmu2k and his nv tool to the brink one day,then maybe you will know why i think your such a dickhead.
    At least he does not have to deal with the amd tarts

I dont blame alex for bailing on r/t,i wish he would'nt but can understand why.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011

11. fgw

fgw Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX Lightning
    this is what really sets me up!

ppl like you are coming in here doing nothing for the community (ohh, you did 11 posts already...) and piss on sombody who is spending (wasting?) a lot of his time creating freeware like rivatuner!

i had the hope unwinder will come back and probably throw out a final version of rivatuner.

unwinder was already working on the next release and i still had the hope, although he stopped support for rivatuner, he would probably throw out this final release. if not for ppl like you, may be for all the ppl who are happy using rivatuner for a long time.

or may be even to not just dump the work he did to the last release already!

but unfortunately, such more than obsolete posts like yours, might prevent this from ever happening!

i'm sorry for that, and still wont give up the hope for a final release ...

anyway, however you decide, thanks for all your hard work unwinder and simply ignore such obsolete posts like the one from kein - although i understand it might not be that easy.

good luck with future projects!

12. Kein

Kein Banned

GPU:
    GeForce GTX260
    Ask me if I care. I'm not waiting five years before another minor release with tiny changes.

Свято место пусто не бывает and you know that. Время Ривы прошло, как прошло время старых твикеров 90-ых начала 2000-ых.

13. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I reported your post, hopefully they ban your @ss.

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I just hope noob cakes like this guy dont make Orbmu2k give up on the community too.
    Why help tarts who dont have a clue then bitch?
    OH the riva broke this an riva broke that still pisses me off and i have not heard it in awhile.
    If he made a private R/T you have to pay for i'm game,with sn's ofcoarse so if it got out we can track the guy down and chop his nuts off.
    like they should have done with that guy ket for letting loose FERMI BIOS EDITOR.

15. Darkje

Darkje Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX660ti DCII
    RT Graphs are so much better and more configurable, no other program is even close... I do like orb's stuff too, but it's no match for RT and posting it here is just not appropriate.

Can only hope RT author won't scrap it because of silly posts like that, it is a GREAT program and I'd hate to see it discontinued.

[​IMG]

Keep up the good work Unwinder! There are still many people like me, who think you did a fantastic job and hope you will someday release an update.

16. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 6GB
    Yep, I'm one of those too. :)
    Christian (Orbmu2k) is a nice guy too and he made some excellent gadgets and programs but IMHO Alex made RivaTuner the mother of all monitoring (almost everything)/manipulating (GPU) software.
    I still don't lose my hope that someday I'll see a Riva updated. Who knows? I bet even Alex doesn't know (yet) if he can (easily) abandon his hobby.

17. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Very well said also Orbmu2k is from the new Generation Unwinder is Oldshool, before His,Evga, MSI or any other OEM will knock on Orbmu2k door a long time will pass though maybe some OEM decides its ready for them already and utilize it soon we gonna see ;)
    Rivatuner only needs a big Interface overhaul for the Sensor Display (maybe more ways of Displaying it also 1 Window with all sensors on 1 Screen like Speedfan has it in it's latest Beta and MBM introduced it years ago) then i would be happy already as most of the rest that is useful there is the Plugin Interface for :)

Something like this Natively for Rivatuner no Gadget its easily doable via a Gadget but the latency issue still resides, though not sure if it would be doable via a Plugin maybe :)

[​IMG]

Alfredos first try is ok but i feel totally lost in his Design approach :)

[​IMG]

Also that the Rivatuner Sensor selection system has such a small Window and you need to scroll to add Sensors and reorder them is really awefull on the usability side if the Window would be @ least changeable in size but its a locked down dialog :p (though that could be hehe forced from outside)
    Also nice would be a event driven system for the Sensors with different OS Actions possible (execute,shutdown,alert,inform) and maybe a Remote Interface ;)

Geez get a job for living and then support a full Free Software project on the side of that ah and yeah don't forget your Family, Kids and Friends and then post again, this is free Unwinder earns now finally some money from it and still he wants to keep on it others would have abandoned it (people who just do it to get reputation then sell it and had a nice community who supported it for free) and he made this even clear in a very nice sarcastic post that unfortunately was understood by someone as the project is being discontinued :)
    Not everyone is so fixed on Rivatuners GPU part alone and IMHO the name isn't really appropriate anymore either since a long time :)
    And Rivatuners times are surely not over the Engine in the Background can go against everyone else even these days, because its done with a lot of Passion and Skill not only for the Money, and OEMs know its reputation and are willing to pay for that :)
    If you look @ what different OEMs create for Utility's (based on SDKs they get from Vendors and NDA information) you can just lough how poorly executed those where/are His,Evga and MSI did a amazing job in accepting that and doing the right thing (don't polluting our systems with crap anymore) ;)
    So go back and spread your love in the Nvidia Inspector Forums, im sure Orbmu2k is not proud having you as a Nvidia Inspector Fanboy either now.

PS: Normally i don't feed those Kid Trolls but i felt the urgent need to do this time, sorry for that :puke2:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  18. stangowner

stangowner Master Guru

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    RivaTuner has exposed this monitoring data to 3rd parties since the end of 2003. I guess no one felt they needed to rewrite the interface. After all, it has a lot more functionality than those pictured above. Takes more space, granted, but more functional. Any programmer can create a new interface for it as shown by the gadget and rainmeter plugins examples. Do you know any programming?

19. r2rX

r2rX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 480
    RivaTuner is the best application for monitoring and controlling any nVidia card...period. Unwinder is an awesome programmer, and extremely intelligent.

I don't think alot of people truly realize the thought, skill and time necessary to program such an amazing program.

Unwinder, for us GTX 4xx and 5xx owners, we're rooting for you and we're all looking forward to the next update.

And don't let idiots like Kein get to you....at all.

Cheers for everything, Unwinder.

r2rX :D

20. onemoar

onemoar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    rivatuner is vapor-ware its been vapor-ware for awhile
    most recent cards are unsupported
    the registry keys for the a lot of the "tweaks" are either moved or non existent
    the last time I tried to install it on windows 7 it failed ..
    in short its old and busted and I doubt unwinder has the time to update it

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011