1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when will rivatuner 2.25 be released?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by death_samurai, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    9.3 of ati drivers not supported.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

So what? NVIDIA also released a bunch of "unsupported" drivers. 2.25 is not even in development yet. So there are weeks (if not months) till new version launch. No new usnupported hardware, no new drivers requiring some global changes internal changes. The only thing required to "support" 9.3 is to mark it as supported in the database. It doesn't worth a release as it doesn't affect the functionality.

3. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 6GB
    Yep, 185.65 here no problems whatsoever. :thumbup:

4. bratboy

bratboy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire OC 5970x2 2 Gig
    Oddly enough, as I posted in a separate thread I'm not sure 2.24 is working right with the 9.3 drivers. With 9.2 when I applied a custom fan setup for a second I would hear my cards fan rev up then drop down to normal speed. With 9.3 drivers I no longer get that reaction si I too was wondering if there might not be an issue with the latest driver

5. Unwinder

Hint: fan control is low-level, it doesn't use drivers, deals directly with fan controller, works even with no driver installed at all.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  6. bill_d

bill_d New Member

GPU:
    asus 290x cfx/680sli DCII
    how about for the 4890, 2.24 monitoring dosn't work

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  7. Unwinder

8. |XTerk-RS|

|XTerk-RS| Member

GPU:
    HIS IceQ 7950 @ 1130/1575
    I agree with bratboy, I tried to set my fan speed to 85% and the same thing happened. First the fan speeded up, and then it droped down again when a 3D application was executed or even when I just applied that setting. I was unable to set any kind of speed with the 185.66 drivers using driver or low level options. There's no support for setting fan speed at driver levels separately in 2D and 3D applications with the unsupported drivers either. So, I understand that rivatuner fan control works at low level, but what about the driver level? and what about my case, when none of the above options worked fine? I know it's weird. In addition, with the whql drivers (182.50) there is no problem with the low level option, but there is no way to set different speeds (2d and 3D) at driver level. It's a little disgusting to have the fan running at high speed all day long.
    Is it possible to do steppable fan settings at low level so we may configure multiple fan speeds besides driver level (based on temps or something)?

I'm not bugging about making a new release at this time, but it would be great to have rivatuner working with full functionality again with recent drivers.

Regards.

9. Unwinder

May I ask what exactly are you agree with? You're referencing to the post of user with ATI hardware, completely different fancontrol approaches implemented in hardware, completely different RivaTuner configuration logic and adding 100% offtopic things to the thread. What's a point of doing such postings at all? You're causing nothing but giving false impression of the problem massivity to other forum readers when in fact you're hiding completely unrelated things under "I'm agree with XXX, I have exactly the same problem". Such threads were and will get locked.
    It is pointless to attempt using low-level fan cotrnol on cheap low-end display adapters using software fan control circuit implemented in dispalay driver when driver-level fan control circuit is acting, it will result in nothing but loosing low-level fan control settings almost immediately. And the readme clearly warns you about it.
    Also, it is pointless to expect separate 2D/3D fan control speeds on modern hardware. It was repeated many many times that 2D/3D fan speeds were abandoned by NVIDIA in GeForce7 series. All newer hardware uses temeprature based fan control circuits, there are no more 2D/3D fan speeds.
    These are the basics, both of your issues are your own user misunderstanding issues, both of them need to be addressed by yourseft. None of them will be addressed by new version of RT, as it is working with full functionality under recent drivers.
    And I'm sorry but the thread is closed in order to prevent attracting more RivaTuner beginners with offtopic questions to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.