When will games......look like the movies?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JEFFRO503, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    lol yea the cut scenes were loong and strangly sometimes I would get a decrease in performance while watching it lol.

2. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    thats exactly what i want....

on topic.. what about 5year old game's cutscenes? like nfsmw and carbon, they look so good for their times and the gameplay was not even close to their cutscenes, but now these "photo realistic" trailers/cutscenes from 2005 are the gameplay of today games, even better, just look at crysis 2, resident evil 5, speceally crysis 2 can make me think im playing a video sometimes, and in some scenes, ac brotherhood and nfs hot pursuit looks like a movie, at least for me :) so im sure in less than 3-4 years we will see games with today trailer's graphics

3. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
  4. suture

suture Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    Well Actually some games would be / are better looking in 2D, not saying 2D its better than 3D, its just that not all games need to be realistic

One good example is the kof xiii most hand drawn but with some 3D too (anime style), dont get me wrong i love tekken but kof in 3D would surely kill the mojo :) (happened before)

random kof xiii vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYqSKREd7m8

5. suture

suture Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    Oh yes, i played in a original NeoGeo a couple times (in tournaments here in portugal), probably the one and only neogeo to set foot in PT lol
    And i could tell the diference from emulators in my old PC (Pentium 4), the console was more responsive/smooth/etc

And damn... the console specs sucked so much (12Mhz cpu!!) but the games were so great!
    Its the perfect example, gfx arent everything in a good game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_Geo_(console)

6. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Good job missing the point, and no the "DS" is not for me. At least no more than any other platform. Sort of a funny thing for you to come out with as a jibe, mind you, considering the 3DS.

As Suture stated, KOF suits 2D more, the origional image I posted (a modern game) looks stunning and suits 2D. Blazblue suits 2D. If you consider them "Tetris" type graphics, you're either blind or you're outright trolling.

Claiming I should stick to a single platform and that I'm "just an old school player" is ridiculous. If 2D was done to a high standard in HD I can gaurantee it could push your 2500k - and that is exactly my point. If you honestly believe otherwise your technical knowledge is severely lacking. I would rather have 2D games pushing the envenlope like that than this strew of piss poor 3D games we see released by the dozen. Variation is a wonderful thing. There's too much push for realism and 3D when there's so much space still open for creativity and style in the sense of artistic direction. Look at the new Alice game for example, while not 2D it doesn't go for the 'realism' vibe, and in my opinion has a beautifuly unique feel to it.

Oh, and on a personal note: I upgrade my computer to play 'good' games, regardless of the style of game or the expense afforded to me (though within reason). Limiting yourself to a single style in an obtuse and misinformed attempt to feel like you're getting your moneys worth is little short of silly. You're right, I am an old school "gamer" - I love games in general.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011