When was AC2 released?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by RIAA, Jan 23, 2007.

1. RIAA

RIAA Banned

I am wondering when Asheron's Call 2 got released? Somewhere in 2002? Asheron's Call 2 was my very first MMORPG, then Earth and Beyond. I am sure alot of gurus here play Asheron's Call or Asheron's Call 2 as their first MMOs. I wish I could go back and play :).

The best MMO I have ever played:

1. Asheron's Call 2
    2. Earth and Beyond
    3. FFXI and all of the expansion packs.

That's it. WoW sucked for some reasons..

2. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M
    November 22, 2002

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Ragnarok Online > *

4. Drizzt

Drizzt Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 7800GT @ Stock OC
    AC2 was a terrible MMOG. You must have enjoyed it so much because it was your first MMOG. AC1 was much better.

5. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    Funny thing is, I enjoyed AC2 and Earth and Beyond so much, but its funny they are both dead.

The games I have played and not enjoyed so much are Anarchy Online, DAOC, a lil bit of WOW, countless Beta's and for the most part these games are still thriving. What gives?

6. CVND

CVND Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800 GT OC Modded with NV5
    i used to play AC 1, it was my second mmo , it was great but not the best one.
    i have to deferd from DAOC, DAOC was one of the best MMO i have play and i have play a lot of mmo.
    in the part of AO i dint like it much but for his time got nice graphics but for WoW it really suck, got nothing new to it have nothing original.
    my best 4 MMO list are
    1. PSO
    2. Eve Online
    3. DAOC
    4. AC 1

7. Adma192

Adma192 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 470
    I can't play any MMO's without feeling like a total dork..

Although I did spend a very long time with Everquest Online Adventures for the PS2.

It was a pretty good game despite its simplicity.

8. RIAA

RIAA Banned

Yeah..

I wish Earth and Beyond was back on track, but no :(. The best MMO of all, hands down. Although EA is going "down" and it's unlikely they will recover in terms of MMO since they tend to release buggy and unfinished products, and not to mention starforce as well.

The point is, I miss Earth and Beyond because of First Person View and free mobility (not point and click thingy like other MMOS), and decent graphics as well.

http://www.earthandbeyond.ca/

The sad thing is that most MMO nowsday SUCKS! The only decent MMOs on the market will be:

1. Age of Conan (I hope they lived to its promises)
    2. Guild Wars
    3. WoW (I personally hate WoW but ...)
    4. Huxley

The only thing MMO tires me out is point and click thingy, it's annoying and boring! I want something different.

9. RIAA

RIAA Banned

And also, there's a group of people that's interested in reviving Earth and Beyond as a emulator. Please support them by joining the forums or whatever means necessary. If you got skills, they might hire you.

http://www.enb-emulator.com/

10. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    The only MMO games i have played are Guild wars and Lineage 2 and thats about it. I tried WOW (Trial) and lets say after 2 hours i deleted it from my system permanently with the promise i would never install it again because from my point of view it was bad.

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    AC1 was my first mmo i played it for 5 years, taking a month or two off every now and then.

GW is ok but gets old pve at lest, got one of the best pvp systems in terms of class balance tho.

WoW played quit, buddy begged me to play, played again quit, hate pointelss end game treadmill junk that WoW is about.

Eve online liked it would have liked it better if i had gotten in earler on, rather than be 2 years behind in training to everyone else, and the long long transit times when going 6 or more systems did annoy me. Tho it was a good time to go vaccum the house, cook dinner, or go to the park and play backeball for an hour, lest if i was not going to any low sec space.

Atm playing Vanguard saga of heroes and liking it, played beta a bit, full open retail on the 30th, but sofar enjoying it.

12. Robbie Man

Robbie Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950GT 512mb
    Dude AC1 was awsome! My jumping skill was so friggin high, I would jump ontop of buildings and ****, oh man, good times, I only played on the PvP server, lol sneak up to someone buying stuff at a shop, and shoot em right in the face with a crossbow, good times.

13. Woodmasterfox

Woodmasterfox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    AC Darktide FTW!

However, I have to say that EVE Online is by far the greatest MMO I have ever played. That is until the company releases our MMO, in which case that will be the greatest MMO I have ever played.

I hate to say it but for me WoW comes in at a close second to EVE Online.