What's your loudest piece of PC-equipment?

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by dune2, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Pupp3tmast3r

Pupp3tmast3r Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    GPU cooler when it's hot in my room. It's pretty silent now :) Can't even hear the Intel rig :)

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Actually, aside from the rattling, I usually can't hear my pc, especially so when playing a game or listening to music, since my half deaf ear points towards the pc.

Who would have known ear damage could be useful!

Saying that though, the tinnitus does sort of drowns it out.

3. Enozekun

Enozekun Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT
    Before i got my new case, my chipset-fan was the loudest part in my comp ( and definetely the most ****tiest too ), s'pose many of you know what i mean when i say A8N-E + Chipset fan = no good. Quickly replaced it with a zalman heatsink and voila, no sound.

At the moment it's my three 120 mm fans which are loudest, tightly followed by my stock X1900GT cooler ( which sucks btw, gotta get a new one asap )

Cheers
    Enozekun

4. mason666

mason666 Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 9800GTX 512MB
    This ****ty 6600 is the loudest thing in my rig, I swear it's on its last legs. During a session of FEAR temps can get up to near 100c and the tiny little fan spins like crazy to try cope.

5. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    I have the same PSU and I haven't really noticed any noise. Perhaps it's just being drowned out by the other fans in my system.

6. karmal

karmal Master Guru

GPU:
    XXX 7900GS 256GDDR3@700/1650Mhz
    Friend of mine came to my room and then after a while he ask " Is it raining outside?".Hell no,its my computer with 8 high rpm fans spinning loudly.I dont give damn anyway because i use headphone.Hehehe...

7. omega_1

omega_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    7600gs 256mb
    nothing really, hdd suspended, front 120mm intake @ 850rpm, rear 92mm @ 1400rpm, cpu fan 92mm @ 1000rpm, and psu 80mm @ 1400rpm...oh and almost forgot, gfx fanless...

8. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    speakers :D
    then my zalman
    then there's my 5 case fans :D, good thing i have voltage regulators to make then quiet down,

9. Raikiri

Raikiri Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 5870
    Speakers aren't part of your computer, they are a peripheral :p

Loudest part in mine would be my VF-900 on the graphics, once I upgrade my freezer 7 pro (with 120mm fan) to something like the Scythe Infinity I will fit the freezer onto my graphics and have it run passively :)

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    My damn Radeon.

11. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    I have an ancient HDD which makes a hell of a racket sometimes (on its last legs i think), but the loudest part of my pc is the little fan on my 7600GT, when it kicks off it can be quite annoying.:realmad:

12. Scythe224

Scythe224 Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY xLr8 470 stock
    mine is my extra dvd rom drive that i use just for playing my games my dvd burner is pretty quite and my other one would be my zalman fan when it is at full speed but overall my comp isnt audible, My Brothers on the other hand sounds like a vacume cleaner, he just changed his case to a little desktop case so the fans are small and annoying and he also has a x850 xt video card that sound really annyoing when at full speed. You have to be here to understand my pain.

13. NjO

NjO New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATi Radeon X1800XT
    Either it's the bunch of hard drives in my case or the fans used for cooling them, I'm not sure. Either way, my pc is nowhere near silent. :]

14. waxbytes

waxbytes Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 6GB
    My loudest part is the fan on my eVGA GT7950 video card, followed a xclose second by my three 80mm case fans.
    The last quiet PC was a Pentium 200 MMX, no fans in the case, no fan on the pentium's heatsink and no fan on the S3 Virge graphics card. Just a quiet fan on the little PSU, could barely hear it close up to the back of the case. Good old days they say...

15. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
    Me. Screaming at my broken computer.

16. ProfBP

ProfBP Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX
    Now its my case fans, have four of um running. It used to be my chip set fan on my A8N-E, replaced it with a thermaltake extreme spirit II and that really made a difference.

17. El_Cartel519

El_Cartel519 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 660/2100 /ATI X1900XTX
    Definetly my X1900XTX with the fan running a fixed percentage of %100 i can hear it with headphones on but oh well it keeps it cool. 5000RPMs is insane you can hear it coming up the stairs from 4 rooms away

18. Chocolinx

Chocolinx Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi X1950 Pro 256MB
    My computer is probably inaudiable to most people. But the loudest piece in my machine is my Seagate 400GB HDD! It's freaking loud compared to everythign else. My 2 120MM fans from Nexus are damn quiet when undervolted to make them spin at 600RPM. And my Seasonic PSU is quiet right out of the box, as it should be.

19. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    I would go with my side fan mounted on the door. After that comes the DVD/RW drive and thats about it.

20. NoPrisoners

NoPrisoners Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 670 GTX FTW 2GB
    ummm my 150GB raptor, part from that its very quiet