What's the most overrated PC game you've ever played?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Brazilian, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    Hahah Guitar Hero 80's edition is stupid. I hate those types of games and everyones like YEAH IM MEAN AT GUITAR IT"S SO EASY!!!! but have never picked an instrument up in their life. Also the feature November Rain in that Edition, but it was released in 1991... which is not the 80's.

2. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    guitar hero is not a PC game
    and btw i love guitar hero 1 and 2 :p and i'm waiting for GH3 in october but.......

the only game i just can't enjoy is farcry it looks great and all but its just not dion the trick for me

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    HL2 easy winner here.

4. MikhRus

MikhRus Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX275 Superclocked
    Maybe every game is a bit overrated, because what one person founds interesting, for another one is boring. It's just a matter of tastes.

Ok, enough bla-bla-bla. Here is my list:
    NFS series (except few good ones HS, HP2 and MW)
    WoW
    Obvilion
    STALKER (was a huge dissapointment for me... I even wanted to quit PC gaming a that time but then CRYSIS hope appeared)

5. jcrox

jcrox Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800GT 512MB
    HL2

Even on the hardest setting it wasn't difficult and when I got done, it was a "Thats it?" moment. Having to put up with those "loading" screens every 4 minutes didn't help the game either. Might have seemed a better game had Far Cry not come out first with its free roaming environment and great looking tropical setting.

6. SamHughe

SamHughe Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX (SLI)
    1-Oblivion
    2-Halo

I bet Fallout 3 will also make the list.

7. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    barbies adventers #1 way overrated.

and soon crysys will make the list HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

8. MikhRus

MikhRus Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX275 Superclocked
    It really can happen.

But I hope it will not.

Hope it will be same revolutionary game as FarCry was at its time.

9. skarlito

skarlito Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtech 9600 gt
    Oblivion without mods for me.with mods is just great.and LULA 3D......

10. gruzin

gruzin Member

GPU:
    8800gts 640mb@625/1000
    halol

11. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    1. Halo
    2. UT2004
    3. HL2
    4. Bioshock

All good games but they did not deliver what I expected from them. Stalker is a rather odd one, while it was overhyped, it stays fun and it's replayability IMO is enormous, for some reason, I keep clicking that icon on my desktop.

The thing I hate most about SP's these days is that they're so bloody short. I finished bioshock in like 11 hours or smt...

And for racing games I was surprised by Test Drive Unlimited... it pwnz the ass of nfs carbon.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  12. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ I dunno man, playing bioshock on hard is a little difficult. You gotta watch your ammo and EVE, not to mention how much harder the Bid Daddy's are..

I've spent a couple hours and i'm still not halfway through.

13. Hanjin

Hanjin Guest

GPU:
    8gb RX Vega 64 LE
    Dora The Explorer most overrated game ever.

14. Jake

Jake Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX 768Mb
    Definately Oblivion for me

15. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    Hmm...

But I must agree with the WoW and HL1 points - had to be there at the start, and WoW is just unbelievably lame haha.

16. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    1. WoW, It's boring, it just has nothing to offer to me.

Other overrated ones:
    GW, Boring and IMO it's not rpg. You can just make same quests and get xp and etc... Just dont get the point of this game.
    GTA: SA, Somehow did not feel as good as Vice City, which I very much liked. I did not even finish this game, city is too big and feels empty, unreal...
    3DMark06, You know why.
    SupCom, First 2 missions and stopped. It's not that kind rts I like, Game tryes to be massive and you need to control many resources, but it's nothing compared to Empire Earth or Age of Empires. Imo StarCraft is still the best rts.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  17. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    funny how people list games but only a few people bother to explain why the games were so overrated in their opinion. would be interesting to know what was it that made the game fail for a person.

for me the most overrated game ive played has to be Civilization 4, i really have mixed feelings about it because sometimes it feels so incredibly boring and its just turn after turn waiting for something to finish. its not like the game is totally bad but maybe im just missing something. visually the game was a letdown too, i wasnt expecting it to be the latest technical masterpiece but it would have been nice to have more detail in the cities to add to the epic feel that the game is sort of trying to sell.

F.E.A.R is another game the just didnt do it for me, playing the game just felt like going from a grey building with grey interior to the next grey building with a grey interior and a couple of scripted scares in the way and this has all been seen before. though i must say i never could be bothered to play the game that long so maybe i'll reinstall it and give it another go to see if theres more to it.

18. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    I'm beginning to think that some people don't know what "overrated" means and just throw it at popular games for the hell of it.

19. racofer

racofer Guest

GPU:
    HD6950 2GB Twin Frozr III
    Maybe because being overrated implies that it will be popular because of that?

20. Jake

Jake Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX 768Mb
    The reason why I think Oblivion is the most overrated game I have played is because I really didnt think it was a very good game. I felt the gameplay was repetitive and tedious, the roleplay aspect was limited and the combat was rigid and narrowminded. The game, for me, was so open-ended as to be largely pointless in the aims of my character.

Was it a great game engine...yes certainly. Were the graphics very good, yes definately. Would it make a good MMO , quite possibly, the added effect of having thousands of people all within the Elder Scrolls world would potentially flesh it out enough as to give my actions meaning. Is it somewhat enhanced by modding, yes ..again, definately, having said that, I am sick to death of game companies producing the structure of a game and then leaving it up to the players to actually create the content.

At the end of the day, I really just dont rate Oblivion as a *game*. An engine, yes, a game, no.