What's the most overrated PC game you've ever played?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Brazilian, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Brazilian

Brazilian Member Guru

GPU:
    8600 GT Fatal1ty 256 mb
    And the winner is..... HALO 1! (in my opiniton, of course..HALO 2 is better)

I simply don't understand what people see in this game... that i don't.

I'll list the things that turns that game into a huge ****, cause these points are very critical in a game:

- Same enemies all the time. The only thing that changes is their body's color (like yellow, red, black...)

- Story sucks (yeah you should disagree but i found it very generic)

- Repetitive places. That's the point that i hate the most.

So.... What's the most overrated PC game you've ever played?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  2. Grahf

Grahf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    That's easy...

BIOSHOCK

:rolleyes::finger:

In all seriousness, it is simply NOT that great. It's NOT the 10/10 "masterpiece" that reviews make it out to be. It's a decent game, but damn...why is it SO overrated??

3. TheGr81

TheGr81 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire Radeon HD 7870 OC
    Daikatana... it was so bad that anything that you could possibly say about it would make it over-rated :)

4. bug77

bug77 Banned

GPU:
    Palit 8800GT
    Oblivion and Doom3.

They were all over the reviews, yet the gameplay was incredibly repetitive. And dumb.

5. tomgreen321

tomgreen321 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD6870
    Halo 1 is better then Halo 2. The franchise sucks anyways, though.

I would say World of Warcraft. I would rather play Diablo 2 online.

6. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Bah it is a great game. 'Decent' does not do it justice. How many games last more than a few nights? This game has so much to do, so many areas, secrets and has a great story. Bioshock is immersive as hell with a very believable environment. The hacking is a little repetitive and it would have been nice to have like 3 different styles of hacking but hey, again it's a huge game...Everyone is entitled to their opinions naturally, but lets wait for Crysis and see what bloated reviews that will get.

Bioshock is a huge game and pretty bug free (for me anyhow). For the price and entertainment value I have to agree with the high ratings. I think it gives encouragement to developers to continue along the path because it says they are having success. I think Bioshock is the best game to have graced PC's in the last bunch of years and they have me sold on the followup. I hate buying games I finish in a nite or two.

7. Sieras

Sieras Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Plain and simple: Halo 2.

8. FritzC6

FritzC6 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512mb alpha dog
    black & white ,,,, rubbish

9. mark501

mark501 Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor R9 270X 2GB
    FEAR no doubt

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  10. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    Doom 3, Halo 2 PC

Halo 1 was good for the multiplayer (I say that, because I was very good at it) but when Halo 2came out for Vista, most of the maps were already being played on the CE. No real reason to get it

11. malc30

malc30 New Member

GPU:
    Gainward 7800GS+
    Stalker.
    Waited years for it only to be pants. Most dissapointing game i have ever bought.

12. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    Bioshock. Good game, but certainly not 10/10.

And a game being bug-free isn't a pre-requisite for a high review score. It should just be a ****ing standard.

13. Smellbow

Smellbow Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    Agreed. I just didnt "get it" couldnt enjoy it no matter how hard i tried.

14. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I'd say CS. I can't stand it while thousands of people play it all the time. It may not be overrated for them, but for me it is.

15. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    It has to be all Half-Life's. People still go on about how great it is, what the? What actually made it so great!?

16. smnoamls

smnoamls Maha Guru

GPU:
    6950 2gb Dirt3 @6970 bios
    supreme commander

Installed it, started playing, and just didnt get the hype.
    Sure , there are a million units on screen, a sh1tload of units to choose from, but all in all, I expected so much more after reading up on it.

Doom3 was also VERY disappointing.How come imps always pop up from behind? I swear to god i played a whole level in reverse, and it was much easier.

17. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    I'd have to say Halo. I have it on Xbox and really, I don't see anything godlike and great about it. There's apparently tons of material about Halo but in all honesty...when you play it for the first time you don't see any of it.

I beat it, left it alone.

18. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Becuase people love Square Shaped levels...with square shaped objects :p.......

To me Yeh, Half Life is way to overrated.....

19. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Half-Life 2, what a linear piece of trash. The game has absolutely no replay value, the AI is stupid, the weapons lack power, the lack of ambient sound derails the initially good atmosphere, and the majority of levels are boring. "Best fps ever"? Yeah, right...

20. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34

I second and third this comment. Stalker was the biggest pile of $hit that I've ever played. That fact that it took them that long to make is the saddest part of it all. What a waste of man hours, time, and resources. Complete garbage game all around.

That and oblivion. This game was SOOOOOO hyped and it really fell totally flat. I got to a point in the game where I just got so tired of the same repetitive junk that I just stopped playing it. I literally stopped my character, turned off the game, and uninstalled it without a bat of an eyelash.

I can only hope that Crysis won't be one of those hugely overhyped and underperforming games that happen every once in awhile. I wish that it didn't get as much hype because now it has to live up to it.. and I have a feeling it just won't at this point.