what's the best ....(don't throw anything at me, please :))

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by S0ul_Reaver, Jan 19, 2005.

1. S0ul_Reaver

S0ul_Reaver Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce Go 7800 GTX 256 MB PCI-X
    Hi guys,

I feel really bad about asking this, since the issue has been dealt with SO many times before... but since I am about to reformat my PC I wanted to know what the best driver (ironic isn't it ? ) would be for my GeForce4 Ti4400.
    I have the ASUS V8440 TD model, so I went to the ASUS site and saw that they have as their latest version for my card the 56.72 dets, but at the nVidia site they have the 69.xx ...some people say that 44.03/44.67 are best for that particular card others say that the Modded/tweaked ones are better ...so I am perticularly lost... I am looking for fast drivers (smoothness over image quality)

thX in advance for your help
    -and great job on the forum, keep up ;)

2. DimeDeviL

DimeDeviL Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward GeForce FX 5200 128 mb Golden Sample
    I vote for VXG 67.65! The fastest one since I use DirectX 9.0c

3. Trippin

Trippin Guest

dna 7124s hl2dm gems

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2005
  4. S0ul_Reaver

S0ul_Reaver Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce Go 7800 GTX 256 MB PCI-X
    hmm...

I appreciate the replies, but it seems you guys have GF FX and GF 6 types of video cards ...and the drivers you advise me, especially the VXG ones, optimize only NV3x and NV4x cards (the GF4 Ti is NV28) ...since I play mostly dx8 games and few dx9, it's important for me to have an all-around stable driver (good speed, and smooth performance) - now I know that drivers perform differently according to system specs, but I also know that many people have agreed about the excellent stability of specific drivers :\
    (...also should I install dx9 if I only play dx8 games ?)

I don't know... maybe this post is a good update for anyone willing advice for their GF4 Ti...

5. Emile

Emile Active Member

GPU:
    GS7800, GF FX5200
    Hello,
    I run, moostly, Flight Sim 2004 on a GF4 TI4600 and DX 9. and up to now the best results are with 71.20c from Valencestudios and the PCI latency modification tool.
    Of course the results can be different on an other PC.

6. Paulus

Paulus Master Guru

GPU:
    7900GTX
    YEAAH

7. saaavik

saaavik Member

GPU:
    Geforce 4 Ti 4800
    what else

Well, I'm not here to advertise for Savage-Xp but since only he's making his drivers with geforce Ti 4800, he's the one with best tuned drivers for Ti series of cards...Esspecially 66.XX apocalypse is the hammer for Ti...or later....:D

8. DimeDeviL

DimeDeviL Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward GeForce FX 5200 128 mb Golden Sample
    my girlfriend's card (MX440) runs better using VXG 67.65, and trust me, the driver also the best @ MX440

9. Scief

Scief Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6800GT @Ultra
    Well, many people say that 4x.xx drivers are the best for GF4 cards, but personaly, my card has kept getting better from every new driver, so I couldn't even imagine to go back to some crappy 4x.xx series. New ones are so much better, I'd advice to try Nvidias newest on their site or 67.03, I've heard lots of good about them. For max performance, you have to try the newest betas.

10. Detrol

Detrol Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950XT
    ill throw my HDD on u!