whats the best 5.1 or better headset

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by damien666, Aug 10, 2007.

1. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    im looking for a great surround sound headphone set any ideas + money is not a problem

2. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Turtle Beach HPA2 is one good pair of 5.1 , also the medusas 5.1. I am enjoying my Razer Hp1. I would say go for the medusa 5.1 or the HPA2.

3. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    on gaditshow the had a contest with 5.1 head phones and i think philips won can anyone confirm this

p.s. i know the make started with a P lol i just cant remember

4. Luvabud

Luvabud Master Guru

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    I got a medusa headset, has good bass, midrange and treble, the sub speakers make them shake but don't give much sound, so you have to adjust the crossover between the main speaker and sub, movies sound good and you can hear a pin drop in games, even from behind.

5. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    any with a bigger price tag, I WANT THE BEST, i wish sennheiser did 5.1 head phone so i have the 595 + them lol

6. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
  7. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    the good brands (you know who they are) usually don't make them because IMO 5.1 headphones are a gimmick. Your ears interpret surround sound perfectly fine using 2 inputs (a left & right ear)...with them that close to your ears just use something like Dolby Headphone to trick your brain into thinking something's coming behind you. Read up on it on dolby.com

Like I said that's my opinion...not stated fact. :)

EDIT: I"ve used it for DVDs and games before and Dolby Headphone is believable enough for my ears. :cool:

8. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    i currently use my senn hd595 and their great but i though a 5.1 set would be better for gaming

9. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    senn...grados (mine)...same thing :p

They work great for me in gaming with Dolby Headphone...I mean it won't hurt go and get a 5.1 set and see how it works. :)

10. X3d4

X3d4 Member

11. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    I dont see them as build bad. because I still using my same HP1 that I bought last year in nov. They haven broke yet and there working great still.

The only reason I got them because I was getting the sound card. but yea There are over price. IMO they was worth it for me at the time.

Those Edimensional are usb. He be better off with a HPA2 then those. and a XFI or Blue gears if he doesnt care about eax.