Whats the best 120hz refresh rate gaming monitor

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by metalhead520, Jun 11, 2010.

1. metalhead520

metalhead520 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570
    Im really looking to replace my 19 inch widescreen LCD with a better monitor. My current one has a res of only 1400x900 so I need some suggestions on an HD, 1080p 120Hz monitor, 22 inches or bigger for my gaming. I love playing with vertical sync on to rid myself of tearing in games and a refresh rate of only 75 is too slow for me. I realize the human eye can only see around that I think but having an old CRT monitor years ago that went to 120hz I noticed a big jump in my gaming. Plus it just looked prettier with all options on and no slowdowns lol. Also having HD will make the colors pop more too I believe. Thank you to anyone that can help me with some suggestions on what to get.

2. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Well if you PC stats are correct, which i hope they aren't cause yea, how can you even run games on that thing. lol

First tell me if that is your gaming PC then i will tell you a few suggestions on 120Hz monitors :)

Samsung SM2233RZ 22" 120Hz 3D Widescreen LCD Monitor [LS22CMFKFV/EN]

Very good monitor, 3-5ms.16x10

Acer GD245HQ 23.6" 120Hz 3D Widescreen LCD Monitor (ET.UG5HE.004)

Also a very good monitor, 2ms 19x10

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  3. metalhead520

metalhead520 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570
    Sorry, my updated specs are up now, lol, havent changed those in 5 years hahaha. They should be current and visible now.

4. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Well i put 2 up for now you can be looking at, do you have a budget or what, cause 120Hz monitors are nearly double the price of 60Hz ones.

Theres not that many 120Hz monitors on the market really, we had an Alienware one pass through our shop the other week, the guy paid nearly 500 pound for it. Didn't get chance to see that one in action though.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010

5. metalhead520

metalhead520 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570
  6. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Well one is 235 the other is 245, what difference between them, i'm not sure tbh.
    Both have identical specs and looks, maybe the 245 is just a newer revision.

7. metalhead520

metalhead520 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570
    Ive been reading around and even checked on the site, the one i listed is the only model on their site, the one you listed sadly isnt there. But, ive also read a few paragraphs from people saying there the same monitor, one is just an EU naming and the other is US. Im really not looking for anything 3d cause i dont and cant see 3d for some reason lol....never could never will i guess. But it looks like the one i listed on newegg might be the one to get and is the same as the one you listed.

8. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    We have one of these monitor on our front desk, running a time looped Crysis Demo.
    Its funny to see people come in the shop and stand there watching with there jaw nearly touching the floor.

The colours are amazing, very sexy monitor. I've see the time loop thousands of times, but i still find myself watching it :)

9. metalhead520

metalhead520 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570
    So the one on newegg i posted is the one i should get then? Sadly i just checked that same link and now the monitor is unavailable for now. When it comes back in stock or if i can find the exact same monitor somewhere else (which i cant) then ill get it sometime soon

10. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Well i'm not sure about eShopping in the US, your link was for TigerDirect. I'm sure you could find one somewhere in stock. Here in the UK theres plenty of my suppliers with them in stock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEHpHzKeKtQ

Just so you can see it in all its glory :)

11. theimported1

theimported1 Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti SLI on EK Blocks
    The best 120hz out right now is the alienware/dell one.
    There is a review on it , maybe on toms hardware, but it beats the acer on almost everything, plus more options and more connections.
    I will soon be in the market for one and if nothing better comes out the alienware is what I will be buying. I know a few people who really like it, and the 3d on it is badass.

12. metalhead520

metalhead520 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570
    How much and how big is it? Do you have a link so I can see it?

13. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Alienware AW2310 23.6" 120Hz 3D Widescreen LCD Monitor.

It might be the better monitor, but man is it expensive.
    If you can afford it go for it.

14. theimported1

theimported1 Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti SLI on EK Blocks
    If you can find the review that compares the too you will see the 100$ is worth it,

15. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    i noticed most of the options for a 3d monitor listed in here have a screen sizes under 30 inch is there pc monitors at like 32 inch?? or i need to buy a expensive 3d tv for that?? because after using 32 inch lcd tv i cant see myself going back to 22 :p

16. xKrNMBoYx

xKrNMBoYx Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 4850 512MB
    ..i'd go with samsung..i just like their tv's/monitors

17. SwiftyX

SwiftyX New Member

GPU:
    2x Radeon HD 6870 1GB cfX
    im in the market for a Screen my self, time to get 120 hz :D .. but i would really go for the Alienware for the sole reason that it beats the acer + in Denmark the prices for the Alienware and the ACer is the same .. actually the acer is more expensive by a very little amount ;P ..

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    What about the BenQ XL2410T,seems to have some good reviews,might be worth checking out:)

19. SwiftyX

SwiftyX New Member

GPU:
    2x Radeon HD 6870 1GB cfX
    Well i have been looking at it aswell but cant figurer if its as good as the others or if the difference is anything that you can even notice ? ..

price is 700dkk less than the 2 others which is about 135$ .. might be worth it if the differences is innoticable (dont even know if thats a word xD )

20. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    That BenQ is the best 120Hz gaming monitor on the planet Earth right now.

It's not the response time of the pixels which amazes you, it's that it has zero input lag.

It moves when you move, and it feels like you have had your arm bands removed and are finally free to swim in any direction without hindrance.

Stunning - but there is a negative; it is terrible for anything other than gaming and can only be used as a gaming monitor - but when you do: OMFG :arnie: