whats more important

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by a woman, Jun 6, 2006.

1. a woman

a woman New Member

as you can see I am a woman
    I came here to voice my opinion on computers.
    at first I thought it was great something to pass the time etc..

then my boyfriend got into the overclockering big time.

not only does it take every cent we get but we have no social life at all his whole life evolves around his computer.

I feel like I am a single woman but with the married commitments. he would be on the comp for 14 hours straight sometimes and doesnt say a word and if you talk to him he doesnt even hear you.

so for all you comp geeks here dont forget your misses or she wont be around and DONT forget her birthday as she will get pissed big time, get your Priorities right, make her that coffee or tea and put her first instead of the people here who you wouldnt even know if you saw them in the street.

finally put yourself in her position how would you feel if she only cared about shopping for example and spent all the money and there was nothing left for anyone else or she was never home and she was totally ignored you.
    I bet you would soon dump her real quick but us females put up with it until enough is enough then the guys cry "i dont know what was wrong" "it seem ok to me!" as she walks out

and Im not fat or ugly and generally dont bitch all the time either
    just want a relationship with my boyfriend not him have one with his computer!!

2. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    We can give advice or flame you about this, but it's you two who have to sort this out, so talk with eachother!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  3. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Your boyfriend is Phrozin, right?

4. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FE
    I.P. match? Or just joking?

Anyway:
    I do have a wife, and we do a lot of things together not involving computers. Sometimes we'll go to Six Flags over Georgia and ride rollercoasters. We sometimes do things involving computers too. I was the one that got her into computers in the first place, though between us I spend far more time on mine than she does on hers (we have his and hers comps). Mine's for gaming, and her's is more for photos and music. Whenever I upgrade mine, she gets my old parts. So she doesn't complain much if any about it.

I've had fourteen hour sessions at my computer--during Christmas or Thanksgiving vacation. That's just occasionally. I don't let it get in the way of work or things I have to do around the house. Lately, I've been spending a whole lot less money on computer parts, but that's partly because my priorities are changing. We're hoping to save money to buy a new house and have kids. Having the l33test and sw33test system takes a back seat compared to our future family.

Perhaps you should suggest something that the two of you can do that doesn't involve computers--like going to the movies, bowling, or hiking. I dunno--something to get him outdoors.

5. Sota

Sota Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    You should be having this conversation with him....not us.

6. Zapmaster

Zapmaster Sherlock Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870
    Oh no, HandyDaddy is back again, and this time he is a neglected wife. :pinkbow:

7. Luis_GT

Luis_GT Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X
    Thank God I'm only 17, no wife or GF, just me and my PC, and my car. :D

8. SorienOR

SorienOR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    for now..heh heh heh :mad3:

9. You just need to be more dominant, demand some time and hope he finds the error in his ways.

maybe he will grow up, hope he is not into mmorpg's....

10. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Hmmm girlfriend or PC... girlfriend or PC... if thats a tough choice to anyone, then I feel bad for that person as that question is definitely a no brainer, unless of course they are on the verge of breaking up, then its ok :p

If he starts playing WoW I suggest you smack him about and tell him youre going to leave him. Yes, I am very anti-WoW... :D

11. Opty

Opty Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Gecube x1900xtx
    Welcome a woman

My wife hates the amount of time I spend on a pc aswell. But I do as I did when she met me so.. Although, i do feel myself that i spend a little to much time and money fiddling with computers now and then. But hey it's what i like to do, some people knit, others, you know what i mean.

One thing i can say though is no matter how much time i spend tinkering with electrical equipment, my wife is still the best thing in my life and always will be. No amount of suppa duppa computer hardware could ever change that. Which i'm sure is your partners case. Just remember boys will be boys with their toys. But don't get me wrong their has to be compromise.

A woman, do you ever get involved in his new found passion or sat him down and told him of your feelings? if you don't mind me asking?

12. fajitasforme7

fajitasforme7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTX
    o man im lucky enough that i can still have a girlfriend and still have my parents buy my comp so i have money to buy her other things.
    but seriously u guys need to work this out between urselfs.
    i remember seeing this in my pc gamer for BF2

13. Omeguz

Omeguz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6600 256 MB AGP
    In the end it comes down to one thing: Who loves you more, a PC or your girl? The answer is obvious, I'd take the warm love from my girl any day over the cold, heartless but none the less ever present love of a motherboard.

Though it is tempting.

Look, A Woman: You need to make it damn right clear to him that this is a serious issue for him. You can't expect him to change if you don't make it obvious. Let's just admit it: Men often need it slammed in their face to understand it. We're not too good with understanding subtle hints, but we're working on it.

Make it clear to him just HOW much this is decimating your relationship and driving you to the edge. Also, be aware that it IS possible to develop an addiction of sorts, an obsession.

If he is well aware of the implications of what he is doing (and continues to do), then you might want to discuss priorities with him.

Good luck!

14. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gawd, come on. Go and have a fight with him.. Or.. from one girl to another.. "You're too good for him, dump him and marry a lawyer or something." :rolleyes: *shakes head* If you cope with this, you've brought it to yourself.

15. Omeguz

Omeguz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6600 256 MB AGP
    **sings**
    All the women who are independent
    Throw your hands up at me
    All the honeys who makin money
    All the mommas who profit dollas
    All the ladies who truly feel me

We girls gotta stick together, right Icebird?

I would like to point out at this stage that I
    1) Found the whole lyrics via google
    2) Only really knew the first two lines
    3) Thus, am not a woman

[End disclaimer]

16. Beren-OneHand

Beren-OneHand Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    i'm lucky enough to have a girlfriend that can beat me at most first-person shooters. computers are a good part of our relationship, not a bad one. instead of talking on the phone for hours, like some people i know, we IM or start up a game of something.
    we're also avid Battlestar Galactica fans, and i won't hesitate to say we have the geekiest relationship ever, and i couldnt be happier

17. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    i think of myself as an enthusiast but who really spends 14hrs on the pc?

18. Recrofne

Recrofne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Her boyfriend apparently.

Anyway, I don't have anything to contribute to this thread other than that. It's all been said already.

19. wizard8873

wizard8873 Master Guru

GPU:
    2xeVGA 8800GTS Watercoole
    14 hrs :eek3: :eek3: i would shoot myself for wasting so much time. computers are fun to kill time and all but thats just ridiculous. i can understand spending a lot of time on the computer during winter since there's nothing to do around my area but i can't do it any other season. i cant stand wasting away good days sitting on the computer when i could be at six flags, the beach, or just out in general with my gf and friends. you really should talk to him about it instead of just asking everyone what you should do. theres more to life then computers

20. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    You're really who we think you are? That's... Heh. Makes sense anyways.

Well, buhu. If it's so bad, dump him and get over him/it.