Whats Better?!!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Arronaldo8, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Arronaldo8

Arronaldo8 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 280 1GB
    Hi there guys, im buyin a new computer and ive got about a grand to spend, im guna get an i7 processor, 6gb triple channel memory not sure bout motherboard yet but i want your help on what to do about a gpu.

well......
    ive come to some confusion on what to do, i either buy a gtx 295 which costs roughly around £299, but i dnt no wether to just go tri sli with lower end cards? =/

which way would i get better frame rates?

please help me =(

2. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Why not wait for new power single cards? At this point... going for lower tri-slis or 295 start to get a bit pointless.

3. Arronaldo8

Arronaldo8 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 280 1GB
    Yes i thinks that is what im going to do,
    When do you think nvidia is going to release there new gpu?
    because i dont mind waiting till november to do my upgrade but im definatly not getting the new ati card.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    The GTX 300 cards aren't expected until next year but may arrive as early as November. Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath for them being released this year.

5. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    Hold on, don't get 295 (at any cost). For now you can look at ATI's offering i.e, 5870. Or wait till December for nvidia's 300 series.

6. Arronaldo8

Arronaldo8 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 280 1GB
    Ok then cheers people =D

7. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 285 @ 702
    The 5850 Is looking VERY VERY impressive. Surpasses the GTX 285 off rip and has support for DX11. I just looked at prices. Amazon.com has a XFX ATI Radeon 5850 Available for preorder for the low low price of 259.99!! WOW

A GTX 285 still runs you at least 300!!

I'd get 2x Radeon 5850's if you have the cash.. You should read the review that Guru3d did on the card you'll be impressed..

I hate the fact that I can't have one ati and one nvidia card.. that's so stupid.

8. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    if you have your 8800gt still , you could just use that until a gtx3xx card shows up and then use your 8800gt for a physx card with it.

or grab a couple /few 58xx's for crossfire now and have your system screaming like a banshee right away.