what's a PC gamer to do nowadays?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ScoobyDooby, May 17, 2008.

1. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I have been checking the Release Dates sticky and nobody's posting nothin!

All that I can look forward to right now is Mass Effect?? And then what?

Is there nothing else out right now that is worth getting invested in? I was thinking about Age of Conan, but now I'm not so sure..

What are all you guys playing right now? Cuz I'll admit I'm gettin a bit tired of CoD4 :(

2. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    i take cod4 too seriously now im not even finding it fun to play everytime i die i get really pissed off all i can think about is my K:d ratio lol

Back to Bf2? i still think the game kicks ass

3. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Playing Hellgate London myself. Game has come a long way, and I enjoy it.

I hope Conan turns out good...that might save me from my boredom if it does.

4. Grahf

Grahf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    Hell, I don't care that Mass Effect is a port, it's from the makers of KOTOR (also a port) and I'm sure it's a great game.

STALKER Clear Sky and Spore are coming out later this year.

5. CharlieSimon

CharlieSimon Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 970
    Dead space is also coming out later this year (august) and brothers in arms hells highway (Let's pray to the gods it's not a crappy port but a port done with love for pc-gamers)
    I'm thinking about joining the Age of Conan, but I feel that I can't really commit to a MMO right now being a dad to a 7 weeks son.
    And, whatever people say. The fun begins in the high-end of MMOs.
    The way there is just slow :p (I admit that leveling up with friends that play together is loads of fun, but not really possible with my friends since everyone has various lifestyles)

Hm, What else. Red Alert 3? Probably not to near to get released.
    Starcraft 2 also incoming.
    We've got some nice titles coming our way, just not.. yet :(

6. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Grid, DMC4 also, theres a load of stuff on the horizon, besides its summer, should be enjoying the weather :)

7. RandomUserName

RandomUserName Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 8800GT 720/1740/950
    i was just thinking i needed a couple of new titles. but what?

not much i'm interested in and choices are few and far between for FPS's. i'm a little behind so am thinking of getting the first Rainbow Six Vegas and BattleField2. but i would get BattleFeild2 just for single player and idk if thats any good? i really don't play online

i've even thought of Doom3, which i played but never finished and never with a quality card. so i would like the see that in all its glory. gotta buy the game again, hope it runs on Vista.

Turok? maybe a racer? haven't tried one of them for ahwile.

i'm playing FEAR XP atm. doesn't feel new although am playing for the first time. Bioshock i am playing for the first time. i like it but am a little underwhelmed by it. STALKER is always great. COD4, COD2, and HL2 / EP1 are always on my computer. FEAR, too. Condemned, also :p

but yeah i need some new titles. maybe Rainbow Six Vegas and the new(er) Painkiller for a shoot 'em up. i like the demo to that ok.

nothin' to do really but look forward to the new Far Cry and Stalker. i keep hearing of Killzone or somethin' but idk? also Gears Of War looks interesting but its not first person so i don't know about that, either

/goes to download a racing demo

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  8. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    BattleField 2 is useless offline, great for practicing, but online its fantastic( has bugs and all but i still havnt found a better online sandbox game

9. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    once i read that mafia 2/alan wake were pushed to 2009 and probably farcry2, i'm pretty much done with pc gaming for a quite a while. pretty happy with my ps3 and gta4 is definitly the best game i've played in years, all the lists of pc titles other than farcry 2 and possibly clear sky just doesnt look as enjoyable for me

but it is nice to not see a game that makes me want to spend another $2k on hardware upgrades for a change....had this pc for 2 yrs now and aside from replacing mobo/hd...i'm pretty darn proud of myself resisting the urge for that quad core or the anticipation of upcomming nv9900, for the first time in years i dont care about upgrading and thats likely due to the drivel of pc titles and my switch to console games.

10. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    or me the cost of console gaming and PC gaming works out around the same, for the same number of games on each platform. GTA games are always a good blast, but VC was the only one i got a lot of replay out of, other than throwing on SA just to shoot people lol

11. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Galactic Civilizations 2 : Twilight of the Arnor came out 2 weeks ago , enough to keep any TBS player happy.

12. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    When is Alan Wake coming?

Edit: Oh and Huxley should be coming out this year too.

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  13. CharlieSimon

CharlieSimon Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 970
    When pigs starts flying :'(

Hopefully before 2010?
    It's not like they've given us any new info for quite awhile now.

14. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    I'm playing
    COD4
    GRID
    Penumbra Black Plague
    Gears of War
    Painkiller Overdose
    Assassins Creed
    Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Plenty out there to play imo, if you finished all of these already...Get a life, lol;)

15. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    True it is summer and I should be getting outside more, but I got nothin really to play at night! :(

^^ as for the aformentioned games, Gears I can't bring myself to play, along with Crysis. BORING. Same ol sh*t. At least CoD is entertaining. Crysis is lame, and gears is lame too. same drivel over and over.

Assassin's creed looks astonishing.. and then you play it and realize it too is the same thing over and over again. BORING

I really don't want to have to go and buy myself an xbox360 just so i can play GTA4. Here's hoping I can hold out for a little while and some more games will come out.

@Ultima: I know man.. I play now and if I die I get so pissed off. Especially when its by some fluky nade or the heli. God I hate that heli

16. Wunderbar_007

Wunderbar_007 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 570 GTX Superclocked
    I'm in a similar situation man, it seems like all the games I love are getting old and nothing new is coming out soon enough. I try to play UT3 when I can but the unfinished state of it makes me sick. I love Sup Com but am tired of playing AI and I'm not good enough to win a game online. I also have TF2 but unless your team is coordinated (almost never) it's kind of lame since you alone can't do squat. It just turns into deathmatch which TF2 clearly isn't made for. I tried playing all sorts of games like Crysis, Gears and even COD4 but all seem lame to me. It was my second run through for all of them and I couldn't even bare to finish COD4.
    I'm glad it's summer and that I have a job and friends to keep me occupied most of the time but I miss looking forward to playing something. Anyway, what I did is I went back to some classics which you can try. Deus Ex for instance or RUNE which i'm currently playing.

17. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    If you only play singleplayer big budget games of course you're going to get bored easily.

Take up a multiplayer game , it should keep you occupied when you have nothing else to play.

There are literally 1000's of PC titles to play. Getting a console might help but then again consoles don't get high profile shooters every day either.

18. Aznargo

Aznargo Active Member

GPU:
    Fatal1ty XFX 8600 GT 1GB
    When all else fails, just dig around and see if you can find a classic game like Starcraft, or Diablo 2 :p

Both of those are games that I play to this day; with lots of other people.
    BUT SC2 is supposedly supposed to come out Fall of this year (at least, that's what i heard) so we don't have to wait for an unbelievably long time for a good game... :bang:

If you want a good FPS, then buy Counter Strike: Source. If you buy it, then it comes with 2 other games for free. Half Life 2: Deathmatch, and Day of Defeat: Source. All for just 20$ at the nearest best buy. I feel like some advertising guy haha.

Anyway, CSS will keep you busy for a while and it's a lot of fun. Especially with the mod servers (ie, gun game mod, zombie mod) from what i hear.

19. notyou

notyou Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    I'm really hoping the next Delta Force game will be good, but I highly doubt it.

20. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I had early access to Age of Conan - I will tell you now, it was worth it. I'm loving the game, the depth, the everything. The way they mix single and multiplayer is outstandingly well done.