What would you guys recomand as best driver for 5750 ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Seban, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Seban

Seban Member

GPU:
    PowerColor HD 6950 2GB
    I have some mixed feelings about the latest ones and I was wondering if you could poit out some previous ones that would be the best. Im also gonna OC the card to like 900/1350 and I do that for Call of Duty Black Ops.

Any advices ?

Cheers.

2. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

For Call Of duty Black Ops , I have played with 10.12 drivers no problems , it was good, AMD have fixed hanging problems in Black ops with "11.11 drivers, so use them and check it , i have uninstalled call of duty Black ops , so i cannot test with latest drivers, And for this game Make sure u have latest Update... U have a High End CPU, so no prblms mate Play @ High....

3. Seban

Seban Member

GPU:
    PowerColor HD 6950 2GB
    As weird it may be I rolled back to 11.1a again. Something in my gut tells me that the latest the better - sure It may provide some new problems but surely it can solve some previous ones. I noticed a difference at full detail and with 850/1325 overclocking.

Though I had some warrnings when installed - I never had warrnings before, always a green orb saying everything installed successfully.

Unfortunately 900/1350 didnt worked out for me - I noticed some artifacts shortly after launching 3dmark vantage. 870/1350 doesent seem stable for Black Ops however it passes 3dmark vantage with the following results: [​IMG]
    But Black Ops randomly reloads my driver - it never freezed permanently because after it freezed it regained its glory however it is way to often for comfortable gaming.

Here is benchmark of 850/1325 overclocking witch proves to be the best overclocking so far and I done quite a lot of them that I have screens too.

[​IMG]

So the difference is 1-2 FPS and 224 gpu score in those overclockings with these drivers. My Black Ops at full detail and resolution doesent seem to be wrong either. Sure I could use some more FPS or the drops in some cases could be smaller but the game is FLUID anyway and I dont have negative experience playing it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011