what will be the next epic online fps??

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ScoobyDooby, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Quixz

Quixz Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980Ti
    Currently playing Quakelive Beta shame i sux :D

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  2. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    What?? The next? I'm still playing Counterstrike!

3. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB

Nice, you wouldn't happen to have a spare invite would you? :) Or is it wishful thinking on my part. hah

True. Luckily 9 times out of 10 the cheaters in Quake3 can be easily spotted, it's when you get a semi-good player who uses cheats that it becomes really hard to detect and you can never be 100% sure, so when you're playing and someone new comes along all of a sudden and clears the deck you're always thinking "mmm, now is that skill or bullsh1t incarnate". QuakeLive - I'm assuming will be kept upto-date against hacks.

4. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Dude that's a console game for the PS3

6. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    "Killzone 2’s Destructibility Will Shatter Your Jaw" this is from M/P BETA.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is for the PS3, i posted them because the title of the thread doesn't say pc only, just "what will be the next epic online fps".

7. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    A real shame then that it is PS3 exclusive, i have always found the Playstation joypad to be complete **** for shooters. It's far too small and it's lay out was made for platformers and beat'em'ups.

I can stand the Xbox pads but for shooters it doesn't feel right without a mouse.

8. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    That looks very nice, boodikon! I thought, though, that they are finally starting to use PhysX in games. :rolleyes:

9. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
  10. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Killzone 2 is gonna show the online community that PC`s don`t have all the best fps

11. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    Possibly but destructible environments don't equal an amazing multiplayer FPS. Also i believe Gears2 has already proven that consoles can have great multiplayer.

And if you've all forgotten Killzone was going to be the best FPS ever and it turned out to be shoddy.

12. cgr3786

cgr3786 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 7950 GT 512MB
    I am going with left 4 dead.You could say I am kind of obsessed as I got almost 40 hours of playing time on just the demo........I guess thats what happens when you get laid off.:banana:

13. Havokie

Havokie Master Guru

GPU:
    4890 Vapor-X 950/1150
    The next proper Battlefield game (well, not Heroes). Sure, COD4, UT, and so on, are classics and great fun, but not remotely as epic in scale as games like BF2.

Sadly I've tried to go back to BF2 lately but it's a bit crap aftering being away so long. Clunky, ugly.....but I used to love it obsessively.

14. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    UT2004 was an epic game in terms of scale and all of the content and fun to be had.

Like a 100 maps and loads of quality custom maps and game modes, you could get lost in the game. Some of the maps were huge, even more so than BF2, and the game worked in both small-scale CTF and massive onslaught/assault modes.

also: mutators...instagib..

Vehicles were great fun, rather than BF2 where everyone ended up on the infantry-only karkland servers.

Shame Epic seem to have lost all sense of direction, and all we hear from them is Gears or Cliffy B trying to make some funny comment about sex or games which just makes him look like a complete moron.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You guys should check out the BF2 Project Reality Mod. Admittedly with the latest patch there has been some debate about bullet deviation and sprint times but there is a new patch coming out soon that is meant to fix it.

A great mod if you're looking for something a bit slower more serious and more realistic than Vanilla BF2.

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=WzmFRkeg9PE

16. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
  17. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    To get over what? That video is a cinematic re-enactment of the game, not actual gameplay. They're actors.

18. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    The video is using cinamatic animation but in the current OFP2 game engine, using the models and textures of the game.

It´s the same tecnique that is used in BF2 intro.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  19. shades3k

shades3k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 4870 512MB
    Here's my prediction; L4D will never be as "epic" as the likes of UT99, Q3 or CS because the player limit is so small per server. Plus the matchmaking is a shame and can only hurt the game. Feels like a console server mechanic tbh.

I played the demo and was left uninspired after the first few hordes rushed at us. Where's the gameplay?

20. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    The Operation Flashpoint video you posted appears to have human actors in it.

The BF2 intro doesn't. It's rendered from the game itself.
    Anyway the link I posted was from PR which only uses the BF2 engine - the textures used in PR are a lot better than in Vanilla BF2...