1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What time frame are we looking at for a 2080Ti replacement?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by newls1, Feb 17, 2019.

1. newls1

newls1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Titan XP (2017)
    Im wanting to skip the 2080Ti generation of gpu this time around and will purchase the 2nd generation of RTX highend when they surface, is there *MAYBE* a somewhat close time frame someone may know when its replacement may drop?

2. Maddness

Maddness Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX480 Strix
    You are probably looking at this time next year at the earliest. That's only a pure guess though as we haven't heard any rumors at all that i have seen.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Trio
    AMD is not looking at competing with nVidia at 2080Ti level for now. Rumors say the first Navi will be mid-range.

4. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    I would say mid 2020 earliest. I don't think they'll do another line up in 12nm. and 7nm is just rolling out.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 470
    RTX2080Ti has only been out for what? 5 months? NVidia is already experiencing low sales numbers. If there is even rumors of a replacement already, NVidia sales will completely tank at this point. I would expect mid-2020 at this point considering they haven't even fleshed out the current gen yet....