what the ?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Richard_Noggin, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Mohsin Ali

Mohsin Ali Member Guru

GPU:
    GeforceFX 5950 Ultra
    Quantom devices have to get mainstream one day, but I seriously doubt if this device is real and working. Still, there is a lot of research going on in the field of Quantom electronics since they are very promising and an easy alternative for better and faster computers.

2. chukb

chukb Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800 Ultra 256 OC agp
    FAKE FAKE FAKE.. PHOTOSHOPPED.. im sorry you guys are idiots if you believe this.. don't you think it would be mainstream by now if they had something like this..

3. benktlottie

benktlottie Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800GT (480/1200)
    Thank goodness CHUKB a.k.a. Brad "Big Brain" spotted it was a fake ! We need more people like him on 'fakewatch', just to stop all of us idiots from believeing these nasty photshopped images !!! :)

BTW, the daddy of all operating systems is Windows XP 64, which by default can use 128GB RAM, not Datacentre as I previously quoted.

4. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    yea im not believing it, i think theyd have a computer with those specs before a laptop lol

5. Xaser04

Xaser04 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 16GB
    Wow that 'computer' has half as much ram as it does HD space!!!!

'Video & Graphics: Two Integrated graphic controllers [Intel®855GME internal graphics, support Intel® DVMT (Dynamic Video Memory Technology) and AtomChip® DVM (Dynamic Video Memory)] '

Although it wouldn't be very good for games :p

6. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480
    lads ,i didnt read it has 1tb of ram,i read 256 onboard processor ram and hd had 2tb capacity.wich sounds ok to me .i think its real .and xp is 4gb compatible.

7. Pitman

Pitman Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 260
    RRRRRRRIGHT

8. GSB

GSB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 650
    benktlottie, your 3D Mark scores make me feel small & insignificant...:(

but I will survive.

9. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Can someone tell my why the patent number is real ?

Or could I patent a 10000000ghz chip using a cheese complex matirx with the US patent office?

10. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070

11. benktlottie

benktlottie Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800GT (480/1200)
    The more I read it, the more I think this could be real. I just read their website again, and the link to the awards and the show it appeared at. It may not be production ready, but it certainely seems feasible. Looks to be a bit pricey though, 2tb storage, $5000, 1tb RAM $6000...ouch !

Either that, or its a clever hoax.

12. Xaser04

Xaser04 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 16GB
    After a second look it does look feasible but the website, I don't know just feels too amateurish for it to be a real product. Don't you tink they would have a reeally nice layout to show off their product rather than just a plain looking done in 5mins job.

The shots of the properties pane from my computer have to fake as someone pointed out windows doesn't support more than 4gb of RAM, and as far as I'm aware it won't boot with more.

I am also dubious of tha fact it is running windows. And windows xp for that matter. There nothing wrong with xp it just doesn't, I don't know fit for some reason. (I think im tired as im blabbing)

13. Brettbeck

Brettbeck Maha Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek PX7800GTX
    Perhaps they are on a low budget and didn't have much for the website. But still seems fake to me.

14. Pitman

Pitman Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 260
    Those screenshots are as fake as the day is 24 hours. Look at the disk properties screenshot. There are no commas after every 3 digits to split up the size in bytes, and also the capacity in TB uses a , not a . the same as Cybermarine said about the CPU speed. Unless its using some crazy special beta version of XP to support that much RAM, But it still says XP Professional so....

15. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570

16. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    Is it real?

17. Sota

Sota Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    That is as fake as Pamela Anderson's breasts....

18. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    If you look closely at the properties shot they have, you may notice that the pixel structure is perfectly preserved.
    And as for the strange anomalies, i think they have a slighly different os, look at the last tab on the right, as well as the "quota" tab.
    Maybe its just a different language?

19. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    explain to me the CES site then? If its as fake as you say it is without any insiteful evidence.

20. yojimborobert

yojimborobert Master Guru

GPU:
    7900GT @ stock
    Guys, the info in XP is easily faked... you can add it in a little text file in your windows directory. I make mine "Built by Robert Collins", but you could put "11ty billion ghz and 900 gb ram" if you wanted. Not only that, but they are claiming that the heatpipes coming off the processor are "fiber optic bundles" which is total BS.

Their so-called hotness w/ #6 as "fibers optic cable" [sic]
    [​IMG]

A real laptop heatsink with heatpipes
    [​IMG]

slightly different setup, but it makes it more obvious what that "fibers optic cable" really is.