What the HELL is going on with Coffee-Lake?!

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by nz3777, Oct 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Okay this makes no sence to me whatsoever, I cannot even locate a single cpu or motherboard at Microcenter what the hell is going on? Is it possible intel is on purpose not releasing these to the public so they can clear the previous gen stuff? If that is the case then why the hell did they even rush to come-out with coffee lake to begin with>?! You make a good product yet we cannot buy it, what is the logic behind this honestly?

Is Amd making them Panic, that seems to be the case honestly they are starting to make alot of mistakes and if they keep it up its only going to push the customer towards Amd, Times are changing guys for sure.What are your thoughts on this situation?

Nick

2. user1

user1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    They are available in limited quantities, essentially intel is selling early production cpus to help wade people away from ryzen, normally intel would build up a significant stock of cpus before launch, not this time.

you have to keep in mind that coffee lake was supposed to launch in q2 2018, moving the launch window so drastically has downsides, the lumbering beast can't ramp up production fast enough, if i recall intel said availability should be better in january-febuary, which is when the budget chipsets should launch.

3. zig11727

zig11727 Active Member

GPU:
    Aorus 2080 Ti
    Would the above have a opposite effect if I'm in the market for latest and I can't get the latest from Intel I not going to buy the last generation or wait 2 or 3 months for a released product to become available.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  4. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Pulse
    It's also worth noting that the Ryzen refresh (12nm Pinnacle Ridge) is thought to be in February / March next year. AMD is sure pushing hard for market share at the moment and Intel are still trying to pull their pants/trousers up.

5. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Very strange moves from Intel I have never seen them behave this way which makes me think they are paranoid about amd like stated earlier or it was a rushed release like you guys are saying.But either way I saw the i5 at Micro center with a couple z3 series boards then all of a sudden they just disappeared.

Dont you guys agree they are losing customers acting this way? Release then pull-back wtf is that crap?!

6. psefergr70

psefergr70 Member

GPU:
    gigabyte g1 gaming gtx970
    I think it's a sudden and a first move from intel and i hear a lot of frustration and dissappointment over the internet.As
    back as i can remember that didn' t happen in the past.Although i am with the intel side for the first time i see competion from amd that shakes intel's foundation. This is good for all customers since they benefit from the competition. I can' t also explain why did they released a product so good in price/ performance ratio without adequate quantities.But as a lucky owner of a i7-8700 k all i can say is i wish all of you here in forums to be lucky as me because after you go from i7-950 to an i7-8700k you can' t go backup.So yes availiability is sparse but it exists

7. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    I know a few people who were planning to get an i5 8600K. All 3 of them ended up going with an R5 1600X instead, since Coffee Lake is virtually impossible to be found. Intel thought this release would take people away from buying AMD, but it is obviously not going to work on everyone. They also assume that most will just sit and wait for months on end, thinking that Intel is the only valid choice. A large number of people will just get sick of waiting and buy AMD anyways. This plan is not going to work in their favor.

8. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Yup, they wanted to get a lot of positive coverage for the CPU to slow Ryzen's momentum, even though sufficient quantity won't be available for months. Can't believe the reviewers are not calling Intel out on this - in my books, a paper launch is one of the biggest sins. This is one of the reasons why I, as an AMD stockholder, am not one bit scared of Coffee Lake. It's also why I never recommend Coffee Lake to anyone looking to build a new system (can't recommend what doesn't exist).

nz3777 likes this.
  9. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Nicely put brother.Yeah might just pick-up a 1600x or 1600 myself I am getting tired of these games they play.

10. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    I don't believe Intel has any problems manufacturing these CPUs, which means Intel is selling lots of them all the time. Every single one they ship out will only shorten queues of people waiting to get one. It's no catastrophe for Intel at all. It has been a long time since Intel cared about the public opinion at all, so that aspect doesn't hold much weight for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.